|Each AquaBlox purified emergency water box contains 8.45 FL. OZ. (250mL)
U.S. Coast Guard Approval #160.026/66/0
3 year shelf life emergency drinking water
Refreshing taste, clear, non-carbonated, no calories, no chlorine|
1. Purified, commercially sterile drinking water boxes, aseptically packaged, excellent taste, economical.
2. Water and packaging both comply with and surpass Federal standards for purified drinking water.
3. Water is easily dispensed through attached, individually wrapped straw.
4. When frozen, may be used as a first-aid cold pack for bruises, sprains, and other injuries. Longer lasting and significantly less expensive than freezable chemical cold packs.
5. The most space-saving means of water storage. The configuration of AquaBlox cases and individual units makes it easy to stack.
6. Very functional for wound cleansing. By puncturing dispensing hole with straw, AQUA BLOX� can be squeezed to eject a water stream with enough pressure to aid in removal of infectious particles from wounds.
7. Can be stored at Emergency Operations Centers (EOC's) and used as drinking water, without interruption of work. Eliminates need for drinking utensils. Useful for food preparation.
8. Effective means of dispersing drinking water to emergency personnel during field operations: fires, earthquakes, floods, events requiring crowd control, command posts.
9. Each unit is an individual serving (8.45 oz). Easily dispensed to evacuees, homeless, retirees, children, incapacitated people, and others, by emergency personnel at a multi-casualty care center, Red Cross center, or field hospital.
10. When empty, the top portion of AQUA BLOX� can be unfolded and cut off to serve as a durable cup for liquids or food.
11. Simplifies water rationing and water management.
12. All emergency drinking water units are date coded and marked as to contents and suggested uses.
13. AquaBlox drinking water units are U.S. Coast Guard Approved.
RECOMMENDED FOR USE BY THE CALIFORNIA STATE FIREMEN'S ASSOCIATION WHEN WATER IS IN LIMITED SUPPLY.
Storing emergency water isn't easy!
Aqua Blox is a purified water product packaged in aseptic (drink box) containers. "Purified" water means that the water contains less than 10 parts per million of total dissolved solids, i.e., minerals.
The water used in AquaBlox� is also commercially sterile, which means there is no microbial growth in it. This is achieved with our unique aseptic package which has seven layers of specially laminated material. Conversely bottled water always has some bacteria present. Bacteria multiply continually and after several months the bacterial count in bottled water escalates to the point of rendering the water unfit for human consumption.
How does Aqua Blox� emergency water avoid contamination?
The special layers in the Aqua Blox� package called "laminates" prevent any source of contamination from penetrating. This includes light, oxygen, debris, and so forth.
How can Aqua Blox� emergency water last 5 years?
There are four factors which must be present to allow any water product to have a 5 year shelf life.
1.The water must be sterile. This is accomplished through Ultra High Temperature pasteurization (UHT).
2.The interior of the water container must be sterile. The entire interior surface of the Aqua Blox� packaging is sterilized during the filling process.
3. The container must be airtight. The Aqua Blox� package is airtight. This is accomplished by using multi-layer laminates in the packaging which create a barrier impermeable to outside elements and contaminates. Since plastic breathes, bottled water cannot be made to last more than a few months.
4.The container must be resistant to light. The laminated layers in the AquaBlox� aseptic container are designed to prevent light from entering. Light is a catalyst for microbial growth and therefore must be eliminated to give water an extensive shelf life.
Aqua Blox� is the first and only aseptically packaged water in North America. Europeans have been using aseptically packaged water since 1973. The drink box (aseptic package) was invented in Europe to prolong the shelf life of many beverages, including water.
It is important not to confuse other aseptically packaged beverages with Aqua Blox� aseptically packaged water. Juices and other beverages do not last 5 years because they have other components (substrates) in them which naturally break down over time. Purified water has no substrates; its only component is the water molecule.
Finally, the packaging material used for water differs considerably from the material used for other beverages. With Aqua Blox�, there is a special poly laminate layer along the interior surface of the box. This layer is referred to as the "water paper liner", which prevents water molecules from touching the aluminum foil layer and rendering an unsavory metallic taste. The manufacturers of Aqua Blox� believe it is important that the water taste pleasant, in addition to having an extensive shelf life.
What proof do I have that Aqua Blox� emergency water will last 5 years?
AquaBlox are U.S. Coast Guard Approved. This means they have been approved by the United States government for military use. To gain Coast Guard Approval, multiple samples of product must undergo a rigorous battery of tests, which can take up to eighteen months to complete. A Coast Guard approved laboratory performs the tests and determines that the water will last five years. Additionally, every time Aqua Blox� is manufactured, samples are sent to a government approved lab. The product must pass all tests before it can be released.
The "pouch-type" water package has only 3 layers of a material called Mylar, a form of metal. The water in the pouch touches the Mylar layer. Water next to metal is highly reactive and therefore trace components from the Mylar can leach into the water giving the pouch water an unusual taste. There is no Mylar in Aqua Blox�. Additionally, Aqua Blox� has a total of 7 layers, one of which protects the water's taste. Research has found that children are especially opposed to drinking water with an unusual taste.
In an emergency situation, dehydration is a serious risk and it is therefore critical that the water be pleasant enough for everyone to consume.
Since this is a heavy item, the shipping charges calculated by our web site may have to be changed. sometimes a new shipping charge has to be calculated. We will let you know if we have to increase the shipping charges.
Case of 9 - 3 Packs, 27 total.
SHIPPING TIMES: Most, but not all orders leave our warehouse within 1-7 business days. Allow time from the day we ship for FedEx or the USPS to deliver it to you from Upstate NY. Please call for rush orders before 2:00 Eastern time. That means that some items, to some locations could take two weeks or more. Remember, we're a 50 year old family run business, so feel free to call us for a rush. We can get most of our items out the same day and use next day air and get it to you tomorrow, but you need to call before 2:00 Eastern time.
To determine your shipping charge, simply add the items that you want to buy into your pack/shopping cart and click on the Secure Checkout button to go to the next screen and all you will need to enter is your zip code, hit the apply button and you will get your shipping charges before you have to enter any more information.
WE CAN NOT SHIP CASES OF CANNED FOOD OUTSIDE OF THE LOWER 48.
Prices subject to change without notice. We are not liable for any typographical errors or errors in pricing.
Click Here for Size Chart
Click Here for Women's Sizing Chart