|Storage of Ready to Eat Sandwiches
All Bridgford shelf stable sandwiches have a 3-year shelf-life if maintained at 80 degrees or less. Sandwiches can be stored at 100 degrees for six months.
Heating and Eating of Ready to Eat Sandwiches:
Sandwiches are designed to be eaten straight from pouch; however, they can also be heated via one of the following methods:
- AS IS: Tear open the pouch at tear notches. Remove Sandwich and eat.
- MRE/FLAMELESS HEATER: Place unopened pouch in MRE/Flameless Heater and follow the MRE/Flameless Heater heating instructions. Tear open the pouch at tear notches. Remove Sandwich and eat.
- BOILING WATER: Immerse unopened pouch in boiling water for 6 minutes.* Tear open the pouch at tear notches. Remove Sandwich and eat.
- MICROWAVE: Remove sandwich from pouch, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on high for 20 to 30 seconds.*
- TOASTER OVEN: Remove sandwich from pouch, place on a baking sheet, and place in an oven at 350F for 8 to 10 minutes.*
*(recommended heating times.)
- Originally developed for the United States Military.
- Required a Sandwich which had a three year shelf life and tasted great on day one or day 1,095.
- When originally tested by Natick the product scored exceptionally well. One of the highest acceptance scores of any new product introduction. Tested with the United States Marines during an operation in Fallujah.
- Currently incorporated into the "First Strike Ration".
- Ready to eat, 3.5-oz, 3.1-oz and 2.5-oz shelf-stable sandwiches (ounce weight will vary depending upon sandwich variety).
- No refrigeration required.
- 3 year shelf life if maintained at 80 degrees. Combination of packaging and ingredients.
- Great for camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, boating, etc.
- School backup meals for emergency lockdowns and other unexpected events.
- Household emergency kits. Preparing for the expected as well as the unexpected.
Bridgford Foods Corporation traces its roots back seventy-eight years to February 1932. Hugh H. Bridgford (1908-1992) opened a retail meat market in San Diego, California. The business evolved first into several retail meat markets, then meat wholesaling to hotels and restaurants, frozen food distribution, meat packing and processing and frozen food manufacturing. The Company is now headquartered in Anaheim, California about four miles from Disneyland. In addition to meat processing and bakery operations in Anaheim the Company has four additional factories, two in Dallas, Texas, one in Chicago, Illinois and one in Statesville, North Carolina.
Bridgford Foods pioneered the manufacture and sale of frozen bread dough to supermarkets starting in 1962. The first efforts were made at the Anaheim meat-processing factory. Additional frozen bread plants were added in Dallas in 1968, a second plant in Dallas in 1985 and Statesville, North Carolina in 1996. Meat processing, with heavy emphasis on dry and semi-dry sausage, is also done in Chicago, Illinois in a plant acquired in 1975.
Uniqueness, high quality and consistency of products have been the main objectives of Bridgford Foods Corporation. Bridgford products have been awarded 109 gold medals by the California State Fair and Exposition. Bridgford Foods was selected as one of "The 200 Best Small Companies In America" by Forbes Magazine in 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993. We are very proud to have received the "Gold Taste Award" medal for bakery products from the American Tasting Institute in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004, and Bridgford Pepperoni and Jerky in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
Principal products include frozen bread dough products for both the food service and retail food industries, shelf-stable dry and semi-dry sausage products for retail and food service establishments, an assortment of frozen Micro-Ready sandwiches, all available nationally, and sliced lunch meats for retail markets in the Southwestern U.S. New products include Bridgford Monkey Bread and long-life shelf stable sandwiches for military and domestic use.
Bridgford Foods Corporation presently employs 550 people. Products are sold in all 50 states, Canada and several overseas markets. The Company's common stock (9.3 million shares outstanding) is traded in the NASDAQ National Market System under the symbol BRID. There are approximately 1,000 shareholders. Members of the Bridgford family own or control more than 82% of the common stock. Eight members of the Bridgford family are employed in key management positions by the Company.