Bug Out Bag carries like a travel bag, yet coverts to a back pack in seconds. The expandable main compartment has a large opening that allows packing and re-packing easily while on the go. Padded straps for comfort, with internal frame allows for stability during transit. Feature: 600 Denier Poly/Canvas, Stress point reinforced stitching, Padded tuck-away straps, Converts to backpack, organizer panel, Padded carry strap, Name tag panel, Luggage tag, 3280 cu. in.
Dimensions: 22 x 15.5 x 8 in. (Unexpanded)
Volume: 2900 in3/3300 (expanded)
The Bugout Bag series continues to be our strongest selling product line with over 100,000 units sold worldwide in each of the last (3) years. Superior construction, quality materials and attention to detail are put into every bag, so purchasing a Bugout product is a smart choice. Versatility is the main element that maintains the Bugout Bag's popularity. The generous main compartment gives ample space for cargo and with the expandability, store even more. Airline carry-on friendly, but large enough to pack multiple days of clothing with ease.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is not available for rush orders.
Sandpiper, the manufacturer of these great bags and packs, is the largest supplier of backpacks to the U.S. military. There are many backpack manufacturers out there and some are high quality, some are medium quality and some are low quality. The reason that these packs are such good sellers to our military personnel through us and through AAFES is they are one of the top quality manufacturers, but we offer the products at lower prices than the other top quality manufacturers. Just opening up one of these bags or packs and seeing the dividers and or pockets show the amount of time and thought that is put into these products. The zippers and materials are of the highest quality also. Millions of dollars worth of these packs and bags are sold every year to the US military, we have been selling them for years and have never had a customer complain about any one of these bags.
- The Bugout Gear product line has recently become "Must have" items for our troops in every branch of the military
- Bugout Gear is the "Best value" leader by far giving our troops the biggest "Bang" for their dollar!
- Featured in Newsweek Magazine as the "Most requested" holiday gift by the U.S. Armed Forces!
The following review is from one of our friends that we gave a Sandpiper "Bug Out Bag" to for evaluation. All the Sandpiper of California products are surprisingly well thought out and well made.
Review: Bug Out Bag
"My full name is Jeremy Glenwinkel.
I did work for Northern Management, a government contractor that performed contracts in Alaska and Hawaii for the Coast Guard, Military, USFS, AF&G, and various other state and federal contracts. Often in remote and difficult areas.
Weather was brutal to say the least and the terrain was unforgiving most of the time. If you want gear tested, take it to Alaska for a few months and see how it holds up.
Let's see. When Tom first sent me this bag for a trial run in the Alaskan bush country, I was looking for something considerably bigger in size. I agreed to give it a test run anyway and he sent the bag over for me to take into the outback and abuse it.
When I opened the bag up, I wasn't expecting what I got. This backpack has been well thought out and designed. The material is a heavy weight canvas type of material that looks and feels tough. All the seams are double and triple stitched. There are handles everywhere, and you can carry the bag as a tote, backpack, or shoulder bag.
The first thing I did when I received the bag was to saturate it in a heavy duty waterproofing compound. Where I work it rains an average of 100 inches a year. It is always wet, so good waterproof gear is a must.
I loaded the bag with my usual bush gear which consisted of a set of a heavy rain suit, military poncho, an extra jacket, several other articles of clothing including cold weather gear, ammo, maps, bug spray, emergency food, water purifier, a few assorted knives, some sharpeners, lots of 550 cord, Nalgene bottles and metal canteen cup, and a first aid kit for starters. There are other items like extra gloves, flashlights, batteries, and hand warmers and misc. other odds and ends.
The bag has a pouch designed for a water bladder. I used my Camelback 100oz bladder and it fit perfectly, allowing easy and convenient water storage and accessibility.
When I am in the bush, I always keep a shotgun handy for bears. Whether working or playing, I never leave home without it. I carry a 12 gauge Mossberg 500a Entry with a pistol grip, overall length roughly 29 inches. It mounts nicely to the bag on the sides using the cinch/compression straps. When I am not in the bush, I can keep my shotgun secured nicely with my bag and out of the way.
The shoulder straps are wide and comfortable, even with lots of weight in the bag. There is a chest strap to keep the shoulder straps in place where you want them and prevents the bag from shifting around too much.
This bag has quite a few pockets and compartments; almost too many. It is easy to stuff this thing full of whatever you want. The only downside to all these compartments is that it gets hard to close the compartments when they are filled. Also, some compartments, when filled, interfere with other pockets. That is not a big deal though and only tells me that I should use smaller gear or take less with me. It is easy to get carried away with this bag.
I use this bag everyday to carry my gear and protective clothing. It is great for keeping everything together. I would recommend this bag to anyone."
Download BugOut Bag back pack spec sheet
View Lifetime Warranty Policy
These prices are blowout prices on our Sandpiper items and only apply to the Sandpiper items we currently have in stock. If you want lock in the Sandpiper item that you want, feel free to call us and place the order.
NOTE: Shipment on Sandpiper items for APO addresses can take up to three weeks or more.
Customer Reviews — 3item(s)
I'm lovin it
- I just got my BOB bag Coyote Brown today and I love it! Upon reading Cody\'s review I decided to try out my buckle mechanism and straps. I can report I had no such issues with the waist band remaining tight even when I pushed my considerable gut out, only upon grabbing the strap and pulling very hard did it ever slip out of tightness at all. I\'m confident it would remain tight for me in field nonetheless. It is even better than the pictures convey, it is exactly what I was expecting to get. It expands so much! That\'s what she said! I am very confident you could pack enough stuff to last much longer than 3 days. I threw an MRE down it to see just how much space their is. And I know you could get 6 of them in the main compartment and only take up about half of that available space. From payment sent to arrival was 13 days, not too bad considering I\'m on the other side of the US as them. To say the least I am very pleased with this product and would highly recommend it to a friend!
- I recently received my BOB in Coyote Brown. As I opened the package and inspected the craftsmanship I found it to be sub par. I figured I wouldn\'t be using this pack all that much and that it would still serve its purpose sitting in the back of my vehicle. I transferred all my items from my old bag to this one and tried it on to adjust the fit and noticed there is no way to keep the waist band buckles for slipping on the belt. It will not stay snug on my waste which is a 32", all I have to do is stick my belly out like buddha and it slips and becomes loose. I took it off and tested it with my hands, and no matter what angle it just slips right out. I further inspected the buckle and found there is nothing designed to stop this from happening. Making a back pack is pretty easy to manufacture, "its a back pack!" If you cant even design the buckle stop right it tells me this company really does no field testing whatsoever. It is very poor quality and will be returning ASAP. Oh and also I didn\'t even receive my butter I ordered with it.
- I love these bags by SOC, they are well made. I use one for work and I am an airline Pilot where I need a dependable bag that can be used as a backpack for commuting to work and that I can convert to a shoulder bag when in uniform.I am heading to Lima Peru and I know the is perfect for the backpacking I have planed. The bag is so well designed with double stitching, numerous internal pockets and compartments to hold objects of all sizes. I own two sizes of this bag, the Bug out bag and the Long range.