Expiration Date for Current Stock : 2/24/2020
DAK Canned Ham is fully cooked. No refrigeration necessary until opened. US inspected and passed by Department of Agriculture. Ready to eat. Great for camping, picnics, hunting, fishing. Shelf life of 3.5 to 4 years.
Please note that the product comes from across the ocean and we have noticed over the years that once in a while the can will have tiny rust spots on the top. This is just exterior, plus the product has an interior lining to protect it for a very log shelf life. Dak ham has assured us that this does not affect its integrity and shelf life.
All Dak Canned Hams are fully cooked and are ready to eat as is. If you prefer to serve our ham hot, please follow these simple instructions:
>>>> Just landed on our loading dock. DAK canned ham. We got a bunch and checked around locally as well as the web and we have the best price. We just did some taste testing and yummmmmmm!!! No can opener needed either and it's ready to ship. Come and get it! <<<<
- Place Ham in shallow baking pan and heat uncovered in 325°F oven 15 minutes per pound. Ideal internal temperature should be 130°F.
- For a delicious glaze, score top of ham, stud with cloves and sprinkle with brown sugar. Baste occasionally with pan drippings.
DAK established itself as a quality brand in 1947 and is a solid presence in club stores throughout the country. Whether you see a DAK ham behind the counter at your local supermarket or pick up a 3lb package of bacon at a warehouse store, you can be assured of the highest quality products.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can DAK canned hams stay in my pantry?
Our canned meat products are guaranteed for 5 years provided that they are kept in a dry, cool environment. However, if the can is swollen, punctured, any rust appears around the rim, or a foul odor emits when opening the can, we recommend discarding the product immediately.
How can I read the code date on the DAK canned ham?
Since 2007 all the canned hams carry an easy-to-read "Sell by MM/DD/YY date code.
Ham Cured With Water, Salt, Sugar, Sodium Phosphates, Carrageenan, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite.
- Product Videos
- Shipping Restrictions
- This item can not be shipped to Mexico
Customer Reviews — 12item(s)
- I've tried this any number of ways and I still can't make it taste good.
- Yum! Had a craving for ham and remembered I had these stashed away. Nothing like spam. Real cooked ham. I ate some cold before i warmed it up and was yummy. Love it!
- Prime vittles! Chopped up and browned in a pan with some onions and garlic and then smothered with a can of black beans and sprinkled with some datyl peppers, wow, it doesn't get any better than that for this grunt!!
Only if necessary
- Doesn't taste good at all. If it was all I had to eat then fine.
- Love these hams and need to buy more i rotate them when needed and always enjoy eating them, i use a little pineapple juice and a few chunks with the brown sugar and clove to make it even better :D great stuff,just wish i knew how many to order to get a case :D
- OK I bought a case for my food storage, then I bought a meat slicer, was going to use these hams one per week for sandwiches and buy 4 cases to rotate, sounded good for the storage aspect, just one problem, this ham is OK, but not for everyday eating, till the SHTF I\'m going to keep one case in the basement and buy the good stuff at the store every week..
Dak canned hams
- These hams are a great addition to all of the dried beans in my pantry. Makes great soup!
- As a component part of your tiered SIP preparedness approach - having a case or two of this inexpensive but nourishing meat product can considerably extend your "stores" in a number of important ways. You could even use these as barter wtshtf! No excuse NOT to be prepared at this point in the game. We tried it cold....tastes AOK. Get a case. ICE4SAFETY
- I used this ham to make several different meals with and i was surprised at how well it turned out. It was a hit in our family and did not taste like yucky spam.
- Taste like spam but has better texture because it has chunks of ham.
- better then spam.
dak canned ham
- tried this last night and very impressed this stuff on crackers is a very good little snack not to salty had really nice flavor and for the price you cant go wrong.