Datrex Emergency Food Bar Rations are ideal for any survival / emergency situation.
- 15,075 kj. 3600 kcal per package.
- High energy value. Ready to eat.
- Non thirst provoking.
- Small and lightweight.
- All natural ingredients.
- No preservatives.
- Individual packs: 701g.
- Tabletized and subpackaged for ease of rationing.
- 5 year shelf life.
1 Package as shown in picture
- Wheat Flour
- Vegetable Shortening
- Granulated Sugar
- Coconut Flavoring
A few of the people here at JHL Supply and CampingSurvival.com have recently done a taste test on our emergency food bars. We often get questions like ï¿½how do you like this?ï¿½, or ï¿½what is your favorite of these items?ï¿½ and we like to be able to give our customers the best answer on our emergency and survival gear. Therefore we put out our three emergency / survival food bars for all of us to try. Here is what some of us came up with.
- My favorite emergency food bar is the Mayday food bar. These are the ones in the yellow and black packaging seen here http://www.campingsurvival.com/emfoba.html I like the cinnamon flavor the best. It is a tough call though. All three are surprisingly decent to eat. When I first ask someone to try the emergency food bars, they look at it and make a face and say no. When I push a little harder they try them and are always surprised at how good they are. They are a great survival food. Read what our others said about the bars below. -Tom Sciacca, President JHL Supply/CampingSurvival.com
- I liked the datrex it tasted like a dutch butter cookie, would go well with milk or hot tea. I also liked the mainstay they tasted like a lemon cookie or lemon bar. -Tammy, Shipping/Receiving.
- After our official taste test of the 3 food bars we carry, I find I like the Datrex the best. I prefer the texture of the Datrex bars compared to the Mainstay and Mayday, as it is more filling than the grainy-ness of the other two. I equate it to the taste of a Lorna Doone cookie. The Mainstay bar has a pleasent lemony flavor and the grittiness is a little less than the apple-cinnamon Mayday bar. I suppose a mixture of the 3 in a survival situation would be worthwhile, yet I think I would eat all the Datrex bars first and hope for rescue when they were gone. -Sheryl, Shipping/Receiving
- The May Day, apple, taste like apple crisp! Mmmmm The Main Stay, lemon/lime, taste like a cream sickle(sp). Mmmmm -Lisa, Customer Service/Purchasing
Long Term and Emergency Foods from Camping Survival Review:
INo matter how prepared, we are all subject to life's little mishaps and emergencies. Sometimes these occur in the outdoors, and sometimes nature brings them to our back yard. Having a food supply available, with good nutrition and a long shelf life can help pull us out of those little glitches. Click here to continue ...
- Product Videos
Customer Reviews — 23item(s)
- I am impressed at how small the packaging is.
Datrex Ration bars
- so i bought 3 different brands of ration bars Datrex mainstay and mayday. and datrex was the best in my opinion. the taste was ok. kinda made me think of a sugar cookie. yes it was a little dry and crumbly. so once you open the vacume sealed pack you have to be careful with them. but they taste very good.
Datrax Emergency Food Bar
- I recently made my first purchase from CampingSurvival.com. To my suprise, they shipped me two of these food bars for which I did not know the name. There was nothing listed on my PPWK telling me what they were, just a sheet saying that from time to time, they include extra things in hopes of a review. It looked edible, so I popped it in my mouth. I tasted pretty good, but I couldn\'t pinpoint just what it was until I logged on to the site and found the following post. "I liked the datrex it tasted like a dutch butter cookie, would go well with milk or hot tea. I also liked the mainstay they tasted like a lemon cookie or lemon bar. -Tammy, Shipping/Receiving." As it turns out, it must have been the Dartex bar since it tasted like a butter cookie. The only thing I did not like about it was mentioned earlier; it tends to crumble if you are not delicate with it. Still edible, you just end up eating it like the last little bit of potato chips in the bag, turning it upside down and opening you mouth. All things considered, it is a great product. I would recommend this to a friend.
Datrex Emergency Rations
- At first I was kind of skeptical as to how good could these emergency bars really be, but after trying them out, I was surprised at how well I enjoyed the smooth coconut taste and they really are non-thirst provoking, so these will definitely be going in both my home rations as well as my bug out bag! I like these bars well enough that I enjoy just eating them as a snack, not just something to feel I have to "survive" on! ;
Datrax Emergency Food Bar
- This was SO SO good! I really did not expect it to be tasty at all, and I could have eaten more! It WAS crumbly, but like on reviewer mentioned, they are wrapped very tightly and they would not fall apart all through your pack. I would definitely buy these for a hiking, camping, or hunting trip, or to have on hand here at home.
Datrex Emergency Food Bar Rations
- Very good product. The vacuum sealing gives you a solid brick, once opened they are loose and rather brittle. The individual sealing seems weak, but they are kinda hard to open, I used a knife, so they may crumble but most likely will not leak or spill. Make sure to have storage for the bars after the factory pack has been opened. They taste fine and give you all that you need to survive. Cocoa nutty and sort of sweet, for the price and the quality, give em a try.
- Very coconut and crumbly. It is designed to be emergency food and that is what it taste like. If you are looking for something that taste great on a hike. Get a granola bar. If you are looking to have something in your survival gear for emergency food. Then Datrex Food is worth it. I\'m Diabetic and i was able to use it to help keep myself regulated in the bush. Its a good product for what its worth and i would advise others to try it.
Datrex Food Bar Review
- The taste of the bar was good. However, it was very dry and crumbled very easily. You would definitely have to have something to drink with it. Carrying it in your pack,unless you were very careful, you would have nothing but crumbs by the end of the day.
Datrex Food Bar
- Overall I liked the product very pleasant taste. The only issue I see is that the product is very fragile. It was crumbling just trying to unwrap it.
Datrex Food Bar Review
- I liked the taste and texture, But was a little dry & Crumbly. Any other flavors available?
- The bar is a bit crumbly. The taste is quite pleasent. The bar is the perfect size for putting in your pack or emergency kit. I think this would be a great addition to any survival kit and a great item to have on a back packing trip. It gets my vote!!!
datrex food bar
- I just got my sample bar in the mail and just tried it. Very good, tastes great, easy to put in my purse or bug out bag. definitly have to order soem of these!
Datrex Food Bar
- This is a wonderful product and as advertised. Although I have to agree with most customers that it is overly crumbly, I don\'t see that as a big negative. It does make it a little harder to eat though, unless you\'ve got a small cup or container to open it in and eat out of. <br>The taste is wonderful and for me it was not at all thirst-provoking. I did drink water after eating it but that was more out of habit than necessity. I would gladly buy these and take them with me as leisurely and emergency food rations. <br>Lastly the wrapping is very sturdy and to my knowledge was in fact pretty water tight. This is a major plus in that, despite the crumbles, you are not going to open up your bag to find bits and pieces of broken bars everywhere. <br>Great product!
- I like the theory behind this food bar. Its lightweight and takes no prep. They also claim that it is not thirst provoking, which in my opinion you will want water in conjunction with this product. My only complaint is that it crumbles very easily. In a survial situation I do not want a messy product that I could possibly loose valuable caleries due to windy weather. Overall, It\'s an affordable product to have in your car/ backpacking survival kit and it tastes pretty good all things considered
Datrex food bar
- I like the individual wrapping so that I can keep them in my car, pack and pockets. I liked the taste, but it crumbled to easy. It needs to stay together better. I don\'t want to open the package and have a crumble mess. That is why its called a bar. Keep it together.
- I like the individual wrap. I also liked the taste, it is thirst provoking because it crumbles. Maybe if it stayed together like a BAR you would not have a mess. I think this would make a better granola for a topping on yogurt. If I put a bar in my car, pack or pocket, when I take it out I want it whole.
Datrex Ration Bar review
- Very dry, very little moisture at all. Light nutty flavor, slightly sweet, but not too sweet. 13-year-old son described it as similar to a shortbread cookie but not as sweet, and I\'d say that\'s accurate except this bar is more crumbly and light. Approved by all the kids, including the 2-year-old.
reveiw on emergency food bar
- I must say, this bar was really good. It taste great,and wasn\'t sweet.The Only problem I have is it was crumbly.It wouldn\'t survive in a grab n go bag. I was trying to be careful opening it and the bar was crumbling .Fix that and it would be the best .
Datrex emergency bar
- It tastes better than I thought it would. It tastes kind of like a sugar cookie with a little coconut and vanilla. It is crumbly but filling.
- Worthwhile meal bar. Doesn\'t hold together well and is quite crumbly, but it\'s taste and ability to give you the calories you need is excellent.
Daytrex food bar review
- Tastes like a butter cookie, but a bit on the dry side, and easily crumbled. Would like to see it hold up a bit better so that you aren\'t eating powder or dropping precious bits as they fall off. I like the individual packaging idea. Overall a nice product.
Datrex food bar review
- Taste great. It is real crumbly. Falls apart real easy. Would eat this for survival. Needs to be less crumbly. It would be better if it held together better. Survival bars need to be able to last in a backpack for a long time.
Great snack & survival bar
- I have been using Datrex bars as a snack & trail food for 2 years. A pack lives in my truck and in my ruck. They are tasty, compact and calorie dense for the space they take up. Each bar is individually wrapped, which is a big help if they get broken. Unwrapping each bar is a bit of a pain unless you use a knife. A lot of bang for your buck, and a lot of value for the weight and space.