|Pen-Shaped Survival Tool Which Includes: , Knife Sharpener , Diamond Tapered Serrated Sharpener , Fish Hook Sharpener , Magnesium Fire Starter , All Features Fit Into One. Includes A Lanyard Hole For Securing.|
The Gatco Scepter 2.0 features tungsten carbide sharpening elements for fast resharpening of all knives, removable tapered diamond rod for re-sharpening serrated blades and a magnesium fire starter rod for emergency use. This light weight and compact tool is perfect for hikers, bikers, campers, hunters, fishermen (and ladies), police and military professionals.
- Tungsten Carbide Sharpening Elements
- Removable Tapered Diamond Rod
- Magnesium Fire Starter Rod
- Serration & Knife Sharpening
- Multiple Tools Stored In One Device
Remove the three components from packaging. Insert magnesium fire starting rod into large end of diamond tapered serration sharpener and thread tightly. Then insert the diamond tapered serration sharpener into the open end of the carbide sharpening "V" shaft component and thread tightly.
Fire Starter Instructions:
Magnesium fire starters are vital survival tools for hunters, hikers,campers, explorers and a "must have" component of all survival kits. Magnesium can burn in excess of 5000 Degrees Fahrenheit and should be used with extreme care and caution.Properly used, this valuable accessory will help provide life saving fire and all the benefits that comes with it.Fire starting is an important survival skill that should be learned and practiced many times before an emergency fire is needed.
Note Protective Black Coating on Fire Starter Rod:
You will have to make several scrapes down the rod to remove the protective coating. When coating is removed, sparking function occurs more readily.
Ensure you have plenty of dry tinder, dry kindling and dry fire wood before you attempt to start and build a fire. Prepare a small nest of dry tinder material and have your progressively larger pieces of kindling and fire wood ready to add to the fire.
- 1. Unscrew the fire starting rod from the tapered diamond serration sharpener and hold pointing toward the tinder.
- 2. In your other hand take the carbide sharpener and using the carbide sharpening "V", lightly scrape down the magnesium rod to scrape enough magnesium particles to cover an area the size of a nickel. Collecting the shavings on a piece of paper or scraping a notch in a piece of firewood will provide a suitable collector for the desired concentration of magnesium particles. Have your tinder very close to the magnesium shavings pile.
- 3. Using the carbide "V" scrape the magnesium rod a downward motion with enough pressure to produce sparks, pointing toward the magnesium scrapings,so the sparks ignite magnesium shavings and the shavings will ignite the tinder. As the tinder burns, increase the fire by gently blowing on it and adding the kindling.
SHIPPING TIMES: Most, but not all orders leave our warehouse within 3 business days, some orders may take longer. Allow time from the day we ship for FedEx, UPS or the USPS to deliver it to you from Upstate NY. Please call for rush orders before 2:00 Eastern time. That means that some items, to some locations could take two weeks or more. Remember, we're a 50 year old family run business, so feel free to call us for a rush. We can get most of our items out the same day and use next day air and get it to you tomorrow, but you need to call before 2:00 Eastern time.
To determine your shipping charge, simply add the items that you want to buy into your pack/shopping cart and click on the Secure Checkout button to go to the next screen and all you will need to enter is your zip code, hit the apply button and you will get your shipping charges before you have to enter any more information.
WE CAN NOT SHIP CASES OF CANNED FOOD OUTSIDE OF THE LOWER 48.
Prices subject to change without notice. We are not liable for any typographical errors or errors in pricing.
Click Here for Size Chart
Click Here for Women's Sizing Chart