The Katadyn Hiker Microfilter is the best selling microfilter in the US Outdoor Market. Lightweight and easy to use design is the best choice for all around use. Unique, pleated cartridge design provides fast and easy pumping. Convenient and handy for 1–2 persons (e.g. while hiking or trekking). Compatible with hydration bladders. Includes: Prefilter, bottle adapter and carry bag
PLEASE NOTE: Katadyn items CANNOT be shipped outside of the USA.
- Long lasting AntiClog pleated cartridge requires no maintenance or cleaning
- Very large filter surface for fast output
- Easy to use because of minimal resistance whilst pumping
- Active carbon core reduces unpleasant tastes and odors from the water
- Small pre-filter on in-hose protects filter cartridge life in turbid water
- Compact design and easy operation--fits in any backpack or travel bag
- Easy Fill Bottle Adaptor attaches directly to a drinking bottle
Activated carbon is used for its ability to reduce harmful organic and inorganic substances in the water. It removes unpleasant tastes, odors, chlorine, pesticides (lindane, DDT) and trihalomethanes (THMs). These substances adhere to the large surface area of the activated carbon. Activated carbon granulate cannot be regenerated.
- Technology: AntiClog Technology with 0.3 micron glassfiber and activated carbon granulate
- Output: ca. 1 liters/minute
- Cartridge Capacity: Up to 750 l (depending on water quality)
- Weight: ca. 310 g
- Size: 7.6 x 16.5 x 6.1 cm (3 x 6.5 x 2.4 inches)
- Includes: Prefilter, bottle adapter and carry bag
Water should be treated because a crystal-clear stream or lake usually contains microorganisms that can make you sick. Water contaminants like protozoa, bacteria and viruses, can cause serious illness. Optimize your travel preparation and use a portable drinking water system from Katadyn.
Making Water Drinking Water
Katadyn is used and trusted by thousands throughout the world and is the #1 selling brand of portable water systems in the U.S.
- Katadyn water systems are used extensively by the U.S. military. For example, Katadyn hand-held desalinators are standard equipment in Navy liferafts. Fighter airdraft have Katadyn units in thier ejection seats.
- International Militaies, including Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Canada and Switzerland use Katadyn water systems on land, sea or air.
- The Red Cross and many other relief agencies use Katadyn products in challenging conditions including the Tsunami relief effort.
- Travelers and adventurers rely on Katadyn to provide safe drinking water around the globe.