Honey Powder is a great sugar substitute and has an extremely long shelf life.
Honey Powder Benefits
1. Lower Calories – Only 27 calories for a 1/4 oz., much less than white sugar and much better for you.
2. All Natural & Organic – A great alternative to white sugar or artificial sweeteners.
3. Medicinal – Honey has many life enhancing benefits including natural vitamins and anti-oxidants. Helps to control allergies.
4. Instantly Dissolves – The powder immediately dissolves into anything hot; coffee or tea.
5. Great Taste & Versatile – Great in oatmeal, baked goods, hot and cold drinks. May be substituted one for one in powdered form in recipes to replace white sugar. If the recipe calls for a cup of liquid honey, just add a cup of powdered honey plus ¼ cup of water.
6. Long Shelf Life – 3 year shelf life.
Honey has been and may always be a staple food and medicine. Honey is a delicious food that is one of the only foods that can sustain human life all by itself. In any survival situation honey could be an important part of you food preps and even you medicinal preps.
Here are a few of the great uses and traits of honey:
1: Storage – Honey is one of the only foods that when properly stored can last forever. With honey there is no need to worry about rotating your supplies. In Egypt they actually found edible honey in a pharaoh’s tomb. Has your honey Crystallized? Simply heat the honey and it will return to normal.
2: Healthy Sugar Replacement – Honey is a great replacement for sugar. It does not contain any fats or cholesterol.
3: Skin Care – Honey is great for reducing wrinkles and nourishing the skin.
4: Antibacterial – Honey was long ago the go to antiseptic treatment, during the first world war is was the most popular treatment for wounds. Click Here for a paper on the antiseptic properties of honey
5: Wounds – Honey has been known to reduce the odor, swelling and scarring when used to treat wounds.
6: Upset Stomach – Mix one teaspoon of honey with a hot glass of water, add a half a lemons worth of juice and your stomach ache should go away.
7: Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye) – There has been testing done in rats the show honey to speed recovery from conjunctivitis.
8: Allergies – Old folk medicine says the consuming locally produced honey will help to reduce the allergy symptoms by helping your body to gain a tolerance to the pollen.
9: Cough Suppressant – Simply taking 1 teaspoon of honey and allowing it to slowly trickle down your throat. The honey will coat and soothe your throat.
10: Burns – Honey is a great burn cure. It will help to remove the pain and aid in the healing process.
11: Insomnia – There have been some studies that suggest that honey helps with some nervous disorders such as insomnia. If you are finding it hard to fall asleep simply mix 1 teaspoon of your favorite flavor of honey into a warm glass of water and enjoy a great night’s sleep.
12: Energy – The glucose in honey is a natural sugar that will give you an immediate energy boost and the fructose will keep you going.