Specially designed and engineered for emergency situations, the KA500IP offers different methods to power itself. Those methods include AC/DC adapter (not included), three AA batteries (not included), solar panel, the built-in rechargeable Ni-MH battery which can be recharged from the AC adapter, by hand crank or by a PC. and the high efficiency solar panel not only can trickle charge the built-in battery but also provides power even with no battery installed.
- 5-way powered emergency radio, AC, battery, hand crank, solar, computer
- AM/FM/Shortwave radio and 7 pre-set NOAA weather channels with alert
- 180-degree adjustable solar panel + 5-LED reading lamp + back-lit frequency display
- High-capacity replaceable rechargeable battery
- Standard USB female jack for charging iPhones, iPods and other compatible portable devices
Note: Add an AC Adapter for only $4 more! Just select AC Adapter above before checking out.
At the heart of the KA500IP, there is an internal generator that charges the internal replaceable Ni-MH battery pack and powers the radio, flashlight and reading lamp. Also, by plugging your cell phone including all generations of Phones into the standard USB female jack on the back of the radio, you can use the crank to power and charge your phone.
The KA500IP picks up a wide range of broadcasting including AM, FM, shortwave and NOAA weather stations. The 7-weather channels are pre-set and numbered from 1-7, you can easily and conveniently tune into the stations by turning the switch, no more guess work involved.
- FM: 88 - 108 MHz
- AM (MW): 530 -1710 KHz
- NOAA Weather: 1 - 7
- SW1: 3.20- 8.00 MHz
- SW2: 9.00- 22.00 MHz
- FM < 20uV
- MW < 2.5mV
- SW < 30uV
- Size: 8 x 5 x 2.5 inches
- Weight: 1.8 Lbs
What's in the box:
- KA500IP emergency radio
- User manual
- Cell phone charging tips