The Katadyn Pocket Water Filter is made of heavy duty materials, and is ideal for long-lasting continuous use--even under extreme circumstances. The silver impregnated ceramic element is effective against bacteria and protozoa, and will be able to produce up to 100 times more water than standard water filters. The Katadyn Pocket is the only water filter with a 20-year warranty.
PLEASE NOTE: Katadyn items CANNOT be shipped outside of the USA.
- Top-quality, durable materials offers unparalleled quality with a 20-year guarantee
- Cleanable ceramic filter element provides not only for clear but also for very cloudy water
- Can be used hundreds of times (not a disposable filter)
- Long lasting and few movable parts--requires minimal maintenance
- Improved hand ergonomics--even easier to pump
- Measuring gauge supplied--indicates when the filter element should be changed
Ceramic filters have a micro porous structure with impregnated silver which delays the growth of bacteria. The pore-size of Katadyn ceramic filters is 0.2 micron (0.0002 mm). Bacteria range in size from 0.2 to 5 micron and, like protozoa (1 to 15 micron), are efficiently filtered out. Ceramic filters can be mechanically regenerated and the filter capacity is measurable.
Pocket Filter Purpose and Action
Microfiltration of water which may be contaminated by infective microorganisms. Katadyn filters were originally designed to meet Swiss standards for removal of all bacteria from natural untreated water sources such as rivers, streams, lakes, ponds, springs, reservoirs and wells.
They are also used on dechlorinated water to remove bacteria which may pass through or incubate and multiply on the wet charcoal filters used to remove chlorine or chemicals. GIARDIA and other cysts as well as coliform and the smallest known bacteria were shown to be completely removed in many tests.
Tests also demonstrated zero bacteria in the filtered water after idle intervals, demonstrating that no bacteria incubate within the filter. Contamination of the ceramic filter element by harmful bacteria is prevented by bacteriostatic silver which is dispersed and fixed throughout the ceramic material by Katadyn's proprietary manufacturing process. This protection lasts up to the end of the life cycle of the element.
The water being filtered flows from the outside surface of the ceramic through to a protected interior chamber and then to the output spout which therefore is repeatedly flushed by decontaminated water free of infective microorganisms.
The Katadyn Pocket does not remove dissolved minerals or chemicals. Therefore, sea water or brackish water is not desalinated. Nor is water softened by removal of the hardness, minerals, calcium and magnesium, normally considered beneficial in water for drinking and food preparation.
Charcoal required for effective removal of chemical pollutants and bad odors is an additional water treatment process than microfiltration for removal of infective microorganisms and is not included in the Katadyn Pocket. Parasites, algae, pollen, fungi, asbestos fibers, nuclear explosion debris, invisible dust particles as well as larger suspended particles and sediment are removed by Katadyn filtration. Therefore, water is clarified and often tastes better.
Ceramic impregnated with fine silver powder
Bacteria, Protozoa, Cysts
App. 1 qt./min.
Up to 13,000 gallons
Making Water Drinking Water
Katadyn is used and trusted by thousands throughout the world is the #1 selling brand of portable water systems in the U.S.
- Katadyn water systems are used extensively by the U.S. military. For example, Katadyn hand-held desalinators are standard equipment in Navy liferafts. Fighter airdraft have Katadyn units in thier ejection seats.
- International Militaies, including Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Canada and Switzerland use Katadyn water systems on land, sea or air.
- The Red Cross and many other relief agencies use Katadyn products in challenging conditions including the Tsunami relief effort.
- Travelers and adventurers rely on Katadyn to provide safe drinking water around the globe.
Customer Reviews — 2item(s)
- I have owned the pocket filter for three years. It has filtered couple hundred gallons in that time. I use it while riding cross country bicycle. Always clean clear water. I also use a charcoal filter in line with the output to further clean water. I have literally pumped out of a road mud puddle to get water and it was clean and clear. This filter, though expensive at first, is a trusted piece of equipment for me. I will travel no where without this essential item.
- You can\'t live without it. Seeing how it is becoming increasingly polluted by natural disasters having a supply of water on hand for sheltering in place, a supply to take with you on a timely evacuation or portable highly efficient purification systems with your BOB - this is it. The prices keep going up because it is the best and people have figured it out already.....get as many as you can afford....for each kit.