The Katadyn TRK Drip Ceradyn free-standing gravity filter features a 10 liter water container for large quantities of water. It's ideal for the water supply for camps, cabins and homes without running water. This Ceradyn version comes with three ceramic filter elements. The silver impregnated ceramic in the Ceradyn filters improve taste and smell.
PLEASE NOTE: Katadyn items CANNOT be shipped outside of the USA.
Ceramic filters have a micro porous structure with impregnated silver which delays the growth of bacteria. The pore-size of Katadyn ceramic filters is 0.2 micron (0.0002 mm). Bacteria range in size from 0.2 to 5 micron and, like protozoa (1 to 15 micron), are efficiently filtered out. Ceramic filters can be mechanically regenerated and the filter capacity is measurable.
- Practical filter for long-term use like camps and construction sites
- For 1 to 6 persons
- Gravity filter--convenient water filtration without pumping
- Comes with three ceramic filter elements
- Ceramic filters can be cleaned several times
The Katadyn TRK Ceradyn Drip Filter will treat more water than most any filter (before cartridges need to be replaced). The TRK drip water filter is a gravity feed filter which requires no pumping, hookup, or electricity. Fill the upper compartment with up to 2.5 gallons of untreated water, and it literally drips through the 0.2 micron ceramic filter elements into the bottom compartment. Simply set it on a counter in the corner and keep it filled. The Katadyn Drip water filter is the way to go for cabins, base camps, recreation sites, boats or RV's. The Katadyn TRK Drip filter comes with three ceramic filter elements (it uses all 3) which will treat up to an incredible 39,000 gallons of water.
- Technology: 0.2 micron ceramic depth filter
- Output: ca. 4 liters/hour
- Cartridge Capacity: Up to 150'000 l (depending on water quality)
- Weight: ca. 3.3 kg
- Size: 25 x 45 cm (9.8 x 17.7 inches)
A crystal-clear stream or lake usually contains microorganisms that can make you sick. Water contaminants like protozoa, bacteria and viruses, can cause serious illness. Optimize your travel preparation and use a portable drinking water system from Katadyn.
Katadyn filters were originally designed to meet Swiss standards for removal of all bacteria from natural untreated water sources such as rivers, streams, lakes, ponds, springs, reservoirs and wells.
They are also used on water to remove bacteria which may pass through or incubate and multiply on the wet charcoal filters used to remove chlorine or chemicals. GIARDIA and other cysts as well as coliform and the smallest known bacteria were shown to be completely removed in many tests.
Tests also demonstrated zero bacteria in the filtered water after idle intervals, demonstrating that no bacteria incubate within the filter. Contamination of the ceramic filter element by harmful bacteria is prevented by bacteriostatic silver which is dispersed and fixed throughout the ceramic material by Katadyn's proprietary manufacturing process. This protection lasts up to the end of the life cycle of the element.
Parasites, algae, pollen, fungi, asbestos fibers, nuclear explosion debris, invisible dust particles as well as larger suspended particles and sediment are removed by Katadyn filtration. Therefore, water is clarified and often tastes better.
Ceramic impregnated with fine silver powder (Ceradyn)
Bacteria, Protozoa, Cysts (Ceradyn)
App. .75 gal/hour (using 3 Ceradyn elements)
Service Life Up to 39,000+ gallons when used with all 3 ceramic elements (Ceradyn).
Materials Foolproof Plastic/Ceramic (Ceradyn unit)
Making Water Drinking Water
Katadyn is used and trusted by thousands throughout the world.
- Katadyn water systems are used extensively by the U.S. military. For example, Katadyn hand-held desalinators are standard equipment in Navy life rafts. Fighter aircraft have Katadyn units in their ejection seats.
- International Militaries, including Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Canada and Switzerland use Katadyn water systems on land, sea or air.
- The Red Cross and many other relief agencies use Katadyn products in challenging conditions including the Tsunami relief effort.
- Travelers and adventurers rely on Katadyn to provide safe drinking water around the globe.
Katadyn is the #1 selling brand of portable water systems in the U.S.