Mainstay™ Food Package
Mainstay™ has emerged as a food product unlike any other. Before it came into the picture, emergency food bars were only being made for short-term use.
Survivor Industries changed all that when it created a great-tasting, non-thirst provoking product with an extraordinary five-year shelf life.
Mainstay™ is specially formulated for land-based high stress situations. Each package contains 9 pre-measured 400 calorie meals, which allows a person to get their full nutrition in a challenging situation.
Mainstay™ is Kosher and it meets the dictates for Halal
Mainstay™ food rations are prepared under strict supervision in their own bakery to ensure consistent quality and freshness.
- 5 year Shelf Life
- Non-Thirst Provoking
- Withstands Temperatures of -40° F to 300°F (-40°C to 149°C)
- Ready to Eat: Each package contains 6 pre-measured 400 calorie meals.
- Individualized Portions eliminate the messy breaking-up that occurs with other bars
- Allows for on-land emergency consumption in a high-stress active situation.
- Contains no cholesterol or tropical oils.
- Meets the US Coast Guard standards (160.046/23/0).
- It's new modern packaging even meets the stringent guidelines set by the Department of Defense (SOLAS 74/83).
- Enriched with vitamins and minerals exceeding the RDA requirements.
- Pleasant lemon flavor which appeals to everyone.
- Mainstay™ is Kosher and it meets the dictates for Halal
MADE IN U.S.A.
- Enriched flour, (added vitamins A, B1, B2, D, E, B6, B12 Niacin, Iron, Folic Acid, Magnesium, Pantothentic Acid, Calcium, Phosphorous)
- Vegetable Shortening, (Partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oils)
- Granulated sugar, corn starch, corn syrup, natural lemon flavor, artificial butter flavor, artificial vanilla flavor, (tantrazine, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Red #40)
- Artificial color, ascorbic acid
- Vitamin C, gamma/delta tocopherois as a natural antioxidant.
A few of the people here at JHL Supply and CampingSurvival.com have recently done a taste test on our emergency food bars. We often get questions like “how do you like this?”, or “what is your favorite of these items?” and we like to be able to give our customers the best answer on our emergency and survival gear. Therefore we put out our three emergency / survival food bars for all of us to try. Here is what some of us came up with.
- My favorite emergency food bar is the Mayday food bar. These are the ones in the yellow and black packaging seen here http://www.campingsurvival.com/emfoba.html I like the cinnamon flavor the best. It is a tough call though. All three are surprisingly decent to eat. When I first ask someone to try the emergency food bars, they look at it and make a face and say no. When I push a little harder they try them and are always surprised at how good they are. They are a great survival food. Read what our others said about the bars below. -Tom Sciacca, President JHL Supply/CampingSurvival.com
- I liked the datrex it tasted like a dutch butter cookie, would go well with milk or hot tea. I also liked the mainstay they tasted like a lemon cookie or lemon bar. -Tammy, Shipping/Receiving.
- After our official taste test of the 3 food bars we carry, I find I like the Datrex the best. I prefer the texture of the Datrex bars compared to the Mainstay and Mayday, as it is more filling than the grainy-ness of the other two. I equate it to the taste of a Lorna Doone cookie. The Mainstay bar has a pleasent lemony flavor and the grittiness is a little less than the apple-cinnamon Mayday bar. I suppose a mixture of the 3 in a survival situation would be worthwhile, yet I think I would eat all the Datrex bars first and hope for rescue when they were gone. -Sheryl, Shipping/Receiving
- The May Day, apple, taste like apple crisp! Mmmmm The Main Stay, lemon/lime, taste like a cream sickle(sp). Mmmmm -Lisa, Customer Service/Purchasing
- If you like this product, you'll love these new eversafe complete emergency meal kits
- Product Videos
Customer Reviews — 1item(s)
- These are really just butter cookies with some added vitamins. They\'re pretty tasty and really don\'t make you thirsty. <br>They\'re not too expensive either, 4 solid meals for about $4. Not bad at all! <br>Each square satisfies hunger we made a "dinner" out of it for giggles but they get hard to eat after a while because it\'s just a big hunk of butter cookie. <br>Eating cookies for dinner is better in theory!<br>They\'re very compact; 3.75" x6" x1.25" and 1 lb so you can easily fit a few days in your day pack or roadside kit without too much trouble. <br>Each package feeds two people for a day. I\'d double up in the winter when you\'ll need extra energy to huff through snow. <br> <br>I\'m definitely getting more mainstay bars for my roadside kits so I can munch on butter cookies while waiting for a tow...tasty!<br>