- Instructions and exercises for the basic techniques needed for making silhouettes: learning the proportions of a profile, tracing a shadow, reducing an image, drawing and cutting freely, and the author's own "natural waves" technique
- How to create scissor-cut portraits, painted silhouettes, hollow-cut silhouettes, silhouettes painted on glass, caricatures, and more
- Includes information on the history of the craft and examples from artists from the eighteenth century to today
- Creative and innovative suggestions for using color, appliqué, and three-dimensional effects
- How to mount and display silhouettes
By author: Charles Burns
Dimensions: 7.25" x 9.125"
Illustrations: 250 illustrations