DetailsMayasticks will help you build your fire without the use of noxious fumes or harmful chemicals. Use the time-honored, organic method. A technique that resembles the centuries-old art of the native fire-builder. From the heart of the ancient Mayan Empire comes the remarkable product known as MayaSticks. MayaSticks are made from Pino de Ocote, a fatwood pine cultivated in the highlands of Guatemala and Mexico. With their 80% resin content, MayaSticks are easy to light, even when wet and produce an extremely hot flame. Use 1-2 sticks to quickly light your fire or BBQ.
- All natural
- Environmentally-friendly production
- Premium quality
- No "dangerous goods" shipping restrictions
- Lights even when wet
- Produces an extremely hot flame
- Product Videos
Customer Reviews — 2item(s)
- I personally like to go into the woods and find a old pine stump and then harvest it. however some people don\'t get the chance to get out very much and they have a camping trip planned. in this case this is a great buy. Also,while your camping keep an eye out for old grayish weather worn stumps, then check them with your axe or knife. <br>With that said Fatwood is an awesome fire-starter and is on the top of my list as well as always in my pack<br>
Great fire-building aid!
- I purchased Mayasticks to add to my fire-starting kit for an upcoming trip to the Maine wilderness in 2008. What first impressed me about them was their lack of weight; I could have put several packs in my bag and not noticed them. I tested them before the trip and was amazed at how long and hot they burn. I added two of these Mayasticks to a campfire whose kindling was damp. The Mayasticks burned hot and long enough to eventually light the wet kindling! Since I\'ve added these sticks and the Aurora Fire Starter to my wilderness gear, I am 100% confident in starting a fire under any adverse conditions.