With Mountain House Beef Stew you can enjoy the taste of potatoes, peas, carrots and beef in a thick stew. Each pouch makes approximately 2.5 1-cup servings (Dry Mix), 1-cup servings (Prepared). Mountain House® foods have excellent flavor, convenience, and storability. The Mountain House® name is your assurance of premium quality foods that may be stored for years. The exclusive Mountain House® freeze drying process locks in the natural flavors and colors of our premium-quality foods. Mountain House® freeze dried foods have the flavor appeal of freshly frozen foods, with added energy saving advantages so important every day, and especially during emergencies.
- Pouch, 4.30 oz
- 2.5 1-cup servings (Prepared), 1-Cup Servings (Dry Mix)
- 10 Year Shelf Life
- Easy to prepare-just add hot water
INGREDIENTS: Potatoes, Cooked Beef (beef, salt), Carrots, Peas, Corn Oil, Modified Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Torula and Brewers Yeast Wheat Gluten Soy Protein, Dehydrated Onions, Sugar, Spices, Soybean Oil, Garlic Powder, and Spice Extract.
Allergen Information: Contains: Wheat, Soy.
To prepare entire pouch:
- Open pouch at tear notch. Remove and discard oxygen absorber.
- Carefully add 2 cups(16 oz) Boiling water.
- Stir carefully and close zipper. Optional: After 4 minutes stir again.
- Let stand 8-9 minutes. Stir and enjoy right out of the pouch!
About Mountain House
During the Vietnam War, the Department of Defense put out a request for food that tasted better, lasted longer and weighed less than old K and C rations. Their parent company, Oregon Freeze Dry, responded to that request and won the contract. They immediately started making freeze dried food for the United States Special Forces. They have continued to make food for the United States Special Forces and other branches of the military ever since.
As the war began to wind down, Oregon Freeze Dry took the surplus rations to military surplus stores, where they rapidly sold out. It was then in 1968 they realized there was great consumer demand for freeze dried food and Mountain House was born.
Based on their ongoing sensory and nutrition testing of actual Mountain House products, in 2012 the shelf life was increased by an impressive 42%, from 7 years to 10 years! That’s right -- their shelf life is at least 10 years from the date of manufacture as long as the pouch is stored unopened in a cool area. After 10 years a change in flavor and appearance may be noticed. Mountain House Employees have personally tasted pouches that were 30 years old and they still taste great. For best results, avoid prolonged storage at temperatures above 75° F (24° C).
- Product Videos
- Shipping Restrictions
- This item can not be shipped to Mexico
Customer Reviews — 1item(s)
Better than expected!
- My friend and I are on a mission of trying different types of freeze dried foods and MREs for long term food storage that is cost affective and has great taste.<br><br><br><br>It was my turn and I chose to try the Mountain House Beef Stew. <br><br><br><br>I was expecting it to have very little flavor and taste more like cardboard. I was, however, pleasantly surprised. It was full of flavor!<br><br><br><br>The portion size was great. I was able to get two meals out of 1 one pouch. Even though the package said 2.5 servings to the pouch ... 2 is more realistic.<br><br><br><br>It was easy to "cook". The instructions on the back are very simple and easy to follow. Between boiling the water, adding it to the pouch then waiting the 8 minutes while the pouch was sealed, the process was no more than 15 minutes tops, give or take a minute.<br><br><br><br>You won\'t be disappointed in Mountain House\'s Beef Stew.