Mountain House Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf Vegetarian Entree for two is the answer for a stomach that's been asking questions all day. As a vegetarian it's sometimes tough to find hearty meals that will keep you satisfied when you're burning serious calories hiking. The Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf will satisfy after a hard day on the trail.
- Stand-up pouch creates an easy way to cook and eat your meal; made from high-barrier foil, the pouch keeps your meal hot
- Just mix contents with boiling water in the pouch provided, let stand for a few minutes, and then serve
- Quick and filling meal for camping and backpacking; serves two
- Nutrition facts displayed here and on packaging may differ; information on packaging reflects actual contents
Ingredients: freeze dried long grain & wild rice pilaf: long grain enriched white rice (enriched with niacin, iron [ferric orthophosphate], thiamine mononitrate, folic acid), mushrooms, onions, broccoli, green beans, long grain brown rice, red peppers, wild rice, butter (cream, salt), roasted garlic puree, vegetable flavor (yeast extract, natural flavors, wheat maltodextrin, sugar, soy sauce [soybeans, wheat, salt] dried onion, tapioca maltodextrin, dried carrots, salt, butter, dried garlic, spice), modified corn starch, broth seasonings (hydrolyzed soy and corn protein, dextrose, maltodextrin, whey powder, autolyzed yeast, torula yeast, onion powder, turmeric), salt, mushroom flavor (maltodextrin, modified corn starch, mushrooms, partially hydrogenated cottonseed and soybean oil, natural flavors), parsley, granulated garlic, and canola oil. parmeasan cheese: patsturized milk, salt, cheese culture, enzymes, powdered cellulose (to prevent caking), sorbic acid (preservative). Allergens: milk, wheat, soy.
Outdoor enthusiasts have made Mountain House freeze-dried food their first choice for 35 years. Why? Because Mountain House tastes better than other brands! Other backpacking food brands consist of only a few freeze-dried ingredients, mixed with dried seasonings and ingredients, which are then blended, not cooked. Mountain House meals are cooked to give you the delicious homemade flavor you deserve. All you need to add is boiling water, and in just a few minutes, they are ready to eat! Net wt. 4.3 oz. (122g) Makes two 10 oz. servings.
Easy to Prepare:
1. Open pouch at tear notch. Remove and discard oxygen absorber.
2. Carefully add 2 cups (16 oz) boiling water to pouch.
3. Stir thoroughly and close zipper. Let stand 8-9 minutes. Stir and serve. For your convenience, eat right our o the pouch.
Pouches--10 Year Shelf Life
Based on our ongoing sensory and nutrition testing of actual Mountain House products, in 2012 the shelf life was increased by an impressive 42%, from 7 years to 10 years! That’s right -- our shelf life is at least 10 years from the date of manufacture as long as the pouch is stored unopened in a cool area. After 10 years a change in flavor and appearance may be noticed. We have personally tasted pouches that were 30 years old and they still taste great. For best results, avoid prolonged storage at temperatures above 75° F (24° C).
- Product Videos
Customer Reviews — 1item(s)
Mountain House Long Grain and Wild Rice Pilaf
- Really good! I split them up and cook 1/2 at a time in a small pan or cateen cup. Really surprised me how tasty it is.