You can depend on this all-time favorite to satisfy everybody--as a side dish, or a main meal.
Stand-up pouch creates an easy way to cook and eat your meal; made from high-barrier foil, the pouch keeps your meal hot
- Just mix contents with boiling water in the pouch provided—let stand, and serve
- Nutrition facts displayed here and on packaging may differ; information on packaging reflects actual contents
Ingredients: enriched macaroni (durum semolina, niacin, iron [ferrous sulfate], thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), dehydrated cheddar cheese blend (cheddar cheese [milk, milk cuture, cheese culture, salt, enzymes, annatto], cream, salt, sodium phosphate, lactic acid, yellow no. 5 and yellow no. 6), nonfat dry milk, modified corn starch, corn oil, salt, and spice. Allergens: wheat, milk, sulfites
Outdoor enthusiasts have made Mountain House freeze-dried food their first choice for 35 years. Why? Because Mountain House tastes better than other brands! Other backpacking food brands consist of only a few freeze-dried ingredients, mixed with dried seasonings and ingredients, which are then blended, not cooked. Mountain House meals are cooked to give you the delicious homemade flavor you deserve. All you need to add is boiling water, and in just a few minutes, they are ready to eat! Net wt. 4.3 oz. (122g) Makes two 10 oz. servings.
Easy to Prepare:
1. Open pouch at tear notch. Remove and discard oxygen absorber.
2. Carefully add 2 cups (16 oz) boiling water to pouch.
3. Stir thoroughly and close zipper. Let stand 8-9 minutes. Stir and serve. For your convenience, eat right our o the pouch.
Pouches--10 Year Shelf Life
Based on our ongoing sensory and nutrition testing of actual Mountain House products, in 2012 the shelf life was increased by an impressive 42%, from 7 years to 10 years! That’s right -- our shelf life is at least 10 years from the date of manufacture as long as the pouch is stored unopened in a cool area. After 10 years a change in flavor and appearance may be noticed. We have personally tasted pouches that were 30 years old and they still taste great. For best results, avoid prolonged storage at temperatures above 75° F (24° C).
- Product Videos
Customer Reviews — 1item(s)
Mac and Cheese
- The mac and cheese was very easy to prepare. The cheese came out very creamy and smooth. Some of the noodles didn\'t rehydrate completely but it wasn\'t anything horrible. It was very tasty, I would rank it right up there with box mac and cheese and since I love box mac and cheese that\'s saying something.