Instant, spicy rice-and-chicken dish, seasoned with tomato, peppers and olives.
- Stand-up pouch creates an easy way to cook and eat your meal; made from high-barrier foil, the pouch keeps your meal hot
- Just mix contents in the pouch provided with boiling water, let stand for a few minutes, and then serve
- Quick and easy meal for camping and backpacking
- Nutrition facts displayed here and on packaging may differ; information on packaging reflects actual contents
Ingredients: kidney beans, tomato puree, cooked chicken, instant brown rice, black olives, green peppers, seasoning (spices, hydrolyzed soy protein & safflower oil, dextrose, onion powder, maltodextrin, beef fat flavor, nonfat dry milk, caramel color, spice extractive, turmeric extractive), red peppers, modified cornstarch, dried chicken broth, onions, chicken fat, chili powder (chili pepper, spices, garlic powder), salt, sugar, jalapeno pepper powder, and red pepper powder. Allergens: soy, milk and sulfites.
Outdoor enthusiasts have made Mountain House freeze-dried food their first choice for 35 years. Why? Because Mountain House tastes better than other brands! Other backpacking food brands consist of only a few freeze-dried ingredients, mixed with dried seasonings and ingredients, which are then blended, not cooked. Mountain House meals are cooked to give you the delicious homemade flavor you deserve. All you need to add is boiling water, and in just a few minutes, they are ready to eat! Net wt. 4.3 oz. (122g) Makes two 10 oz. servings.
Easy to Prepare:
1. Open pouch at tear notch. Remove and discard oxygen absorber.
2. Carefully add 2 cups (16 oz) boiling water to pouch.
3. Stir thoroughly and close zipper. Let stand 8-9 minutes. Stir and serve. For your convenience, eat right our o the pouch.
Pouches--10 Year Shelf Life
Based on our ongoing sensory and nutrition testing of actual Mountain House products, in 2012 the shelf life was increased by an impressive 42%, from 7 years to 10 years! That’s right -- our shelf life is at least 10 years from the date of manufacture as long as the pouch is stored unopened in a cool area. After 10 years a change in flavor and appearance may be noticed. We have personally tasted pouches that were 30 years old and they still taste great. For best results, avoid prolonged storage at temperatures above 75° F (24° C).
- Product Videos
Customer Reviews — 1item(s)
- As I continue my trek in tasting all of the freeze dried entrees from Mountain House, the Mexican style chicken & rice entree was up next.<br><br><br><br>All I can say is wow! If someone had made this for me and simply put it onto a plate, I would have never known it was a freeze dried entree. That is how good it is.<br><br><br><br>It has a slight bit of kick/spice to it, which is fine as I do not like food that is "overly" spicy. However, if you like food that is really spicy, then this is probably not for you.<br><br><br><br>Not only would I recommend this, but this particular entree is now permanently part of the food storage pantry. It will be heavily stocked in my household.