A delicious and nutritious way to start your day—a mix of eggs, ham, green and red bell peppers, and western spices.
- Mix with water in its own package, stir well, let sit and eat straight from the bag
- A quick and easy breakfast to give you energy for camping or backpacking
- Nutrition facts displayed here and on packaging may differ; information on packaging reflects actual contents
Ingredients: freeze-dried precooked scrambled eggs: (whole eggs, egg yolks, nonfat dry milk, modified corn starch, corn oil, salt, yeast extract, sunflower oil and smoke flavor, xanthan gum). ham: (ham, salt, dextrose, sodium tripolyphosphate, sodium erythorbate, smoke flavor, sodium nitrite), and red and green peppers. Allergens: egg and milk.
Outdoor enthusiasts have made Mountain House freeze-dried food their first choice for 35 years. Why? Because Mountain House tastes better than other brands! Other backpacking food brands consist of only a few freeze-dried ingredients, mixed with dried seasonings and ingredients, which are then blended, not cooked. Mountain House meals are cooked to give you the delicious homemade flavor you deserve. All you need to add is boiling water, and in just a few minutes, they are ready to eat! Net wt. 4.3 oz. (122g) Makes two 10 oz. servings.
Easy to Prepare:
1. Open pouch at tear notch. Remove and discard oxygen absorber.
2. Carefully add 2 cups (16 oz) boiling water to pouch.
3. Stir thoroughly and close zipper. Let stand 8-9 minutes. Stir and serve. For your convenience, eat right our o the pouch.
Pouches--10 Year Shelf Life
Based on our ongoing sensory and nutrition testing of actual Mountain House products, in 2012 the shelf life was increased by an impressive 42%, from 7 years to 10 years! That’s right -- our shelf life is at least 10 years from the date of manufacture as long as the pouch is stored unopened in a cool area. After 10 years a change in flavor and appearance may be noticed. We have personally tasted pouches that were 30 years old and they still taste great. For best results, avoid prolonged storage at temperatures above 75° F (24° C).
- Product Videos