Shake Light 40 is the perfect size flashlight. Capable of moderate abuse the LED will light the darkest hallway or hiking trail and is ideal for kids, but Shake Light 40 is no kid flashlight! It’s a great everyday flashlight, which is the perfect size for storage in the car glove box or tool box.
Shake Light 40 combines the reliability of magnetic induction with the energy storage and long duration light output performance of a NiMH battery. The flashlight is perfect for backpacking, emergency kits, and the kitchen drawer, although we recommend storage using the Light Finder Luminescent Wall Mount. Shake Light 40 rechargeable battery recharges by shaking the flashlight so the magnet passes through a copper coil generating electricity. Shake Light 40 light weight yet sturdy construction will provide years of unfailing maintenance free use.
Shake Light 40 is rapidly becoming a favorite with schools as a tool to demonstrate Faraday’s Law of Electromagnetic Induction. In combination with the NightStar Physics Book, the flashlight and book offer a complete tutorial on electricity generation and storage. Attractions include seeing magnetic levitation, power generation and optics at work. Science museums, discovery museums, any museum can benefit from Shake Light 40 flashlight. It’s inexpensive, withstands significant abuse, and is easily incorporated into a variety of activities
- LED Illumination Range = 75 feet (22m)
- LED Beam Diameter = 8 feet (2.4m)
- Lumen Output = 25lm (30,000 mcd)
- Charge Time = 1 min shaking = 4 minutes of light
- Maximum Light Duration = 2 hours
- Impact Resistance = withstands repeated drops (1.5m)
- Storage Temperature = -4°F (-20°C) to 176°F (80°C)
- NiMH Battery = 10,000 charges
- LED Life = 50,000 hours
- Dimensions = Length 7 inches (18cm) Diameter 1.75 inches (4.4cm)
- Weight = 5oz (154 grams)
Customer Reviews — 2item(s)
buying some for all my family members. help light up their lives when s÷=% happens.
- Great back up lights. I have 2 for each room. Use one while i shake the other. Light lasts a long time once you learn their capabilities. Besides doesn't take much to shake power back into them. I had 2 stored away in a bob for 5 years. Pulled them out and seem like no power loss while stored. Usable right out of the bag. Then shook them they recharged back up.
- awsome light pretty bright in a dark room, absoluley love the idea of no batteries i dont care at all that i have to shake it. i wish it had a lanyard loop on the end thats the only thing i would add.