Potable Aqua® Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets are intended for emergency disinfection of drinking water. When used as directed, they make most water bacteriologically suitable for drinking. Used worldwide by campers, hikers, militaries, emergency organizations and anyone needing to drink water of questionable bacteriological quality. Potable Aqua® is for use only when drinking water is suspected or known to be bacteriologically substandard. Not to be used on a continuous basis. For short term or limited emergency use only.Potable Aqua was developed by Harvard University together with the U.S. Army in the 1940s for emergency drinking water disinfection in the field, and have been used worldwide by military, disaster relief organizations and campers ever since.
Potable Aqua® Plus are neutralizing tablets for use after water has been treated with Potable Aqua®. P.A. Plus neutralizes the iodine after-taste and color.
- Ready in just 35 minutes. Easy to use.
- Ideal for Camping, hiking and travel
- Proven effective against Giardia Lamblia when used as directed
- Active Ingredients:Tetraglycine Hydroperiodide.....16.7%
- OTHER INGREDIENTS......... 83.3%
- Each Tablet Contains: 6.68% Titratable Iodine
Keep cap on bottle tightly sealed and keep tablets dry. Humidity, moisture and exposure to air will reduce effectiveness of tablets. Dispose of open bottle after 1 year. Unopened bottles are effective for up to 4 years. This is an Iodine-based compound product.Potable Aqua Germicidal Tablets have not been shown to inactivate Cryptosporidium cysts.
- 2 Tables of Potable Aqua makes 1 quart of most water bacteriologically suitable to drink
- Uniform dosage per tablet assured- no guesswork.
- 1 Bottle treats up to 25 quarts of water!
- Step 1: Add 2 tablets of Potable Aqua to 1 quart or liter of water and cap loosely to allow a small about of leakage. Wait 5 minutes and shake container to allow screw threads on the closure to be moistened, then tighten cap. Wait 30 more minutes before drinking. Step 2: Potable Aqua Plus neutralizing tablets are for use AFTER water has been treated with Potable Aqua. Wait a minimum of 30 minutes after the addition of Potable Aqua before using Potable Aqua Plus tablets. Adding the Potable Aqua Plus tablets before 30 minutes may allow harmful bacteria to remain in the drinking water.Do not add Potable Aqua and Potable Aqua Plus Tablets at the same time. Add 2 tablets of Potable Aqua Plus per quart of water. Shake container well. Wait 3 minutes before drinking. Tablets do not have to completely dissolve to be effective.