The Preparedness Seeds Fruits 'N Such Can provides a vital component for your food storage plan. Each #10 can contains 9 garden fruit and vegetable varieties designed to help you stay sane in hard times. While it is important to store the basics in preparation for true want, wheat and freeze dried foods can get old quickly, especially for children.
Think about how a pumpkin pie would taste after months of whole wheat bread. Or fresh watermelon or strawberries or a little huckleberry jam to spread on top. Variety helps to keep us sane and growing seasonal fruits can make hard times more bearable.
These Seeds are Non-Hybrid, Non-GMO and are not chemically treated. Because they are non-hybrid, seeds may be harvested at the end of the growing season and then used for the next year's planting.
- 9 seed packets sealed in a #10 can.
- Contains enough seed to plant more melon, berries, pumpkin etc. than your family could possibly eat in a season with still enough left over to can your own jams and jellies.
- Packaged for long term storage. Will keep up to 4 years if stored at 66 to 70 degrees and much longer at colder temperatures.
- All non-hybrid, open pollinated varieties
- Packets are re-sealable for lasting protection.
- Complete planting instructions included.
CANTALOUPE, Hales Best Jumbo
HONEY DEW, Green Flesh
WATERMELON, Crimson Sweet
ALPINE STRAWBERRY, Alexandria
TOMATO, Large Red Cherry
PUMPKIN, Connecticut Field
TOMATO, Yellow Pear
There are some non-hybrid seed companies that make claims that the seeds will store for 20-100 years but this is only under optimal conditions with a decreased fertility rate over time. The Preparedness Seeds Fruits N Such Can will keep AT LEAST 4-5 years on a shelf at 70 degrees and 10+ years if kept refrigerated or frozen.