|Saving Seeds: The Gardener's Guide to Growing
and Storing Vegetable and Flower Seeds|
Looking for something to add excitement and interest to your garden? Try raising and saving seeds for your own vegetables and flowers!
Saving seeds is a time-honored tradition -- one that more and more gardeners are rediscovering. It can be as simple as growing a few extra peas or beans for next year's use or as challenging as wintering over cabbage heads, waiting for the flower stalks to poke up in the spring.
Any gardener can become a successful seed saver -- the only limitations are your time, space, and interest. And the benefits of growing and saving your own seeds are many:
This book will tell you all you need to know about how to raise, harvest, and store seeds for the easiest-to-grow and most popular vegetables and ornamental plants. Each vegetable and flower is discusses in detail. And Saving Seeds answers hundreds of frequently asked gardening questions:
- You can save money on expensive yearly seed bills.
- You can select seed each year from the plants best suited to your garden and your particular growing conditions.
- You can help preserve old-time and regional favorites -- heirloom vegetables and flowers that your grandparents grew, but that are often hard to find these days.
- You can share seeds from your own favorite flowers and vegetables with family, friends, neighbors, and other gardeners.
Originally published in 1978 as Growing and Saving Vegetable Seeds, Marc Roger's popular and practical guide has now been thoroughly updated to include the best ornamental flowers to grow for seed.
- Will cucumbers cross with melons or squash?
- Do some weeds cross with vegetables?
- Should I avoid raising hybrids for seed?
- How can I raise seeds that will produce earlier crops? Tastier crops?
Seed-saving can be a fascinating lifelong hobby for any serious (or frugal) home gardener. And Saving Seeds can help get you started. 176 pages.
By Marc Rogers
SHIPPING TIMES: Most, but not all orders leave our warehouse within 1-7 business days. Allow time from the day we ship for UPS or the USPS to deliver it to you from Upstate NY. Please call for rush orders before 2:00 Eastern time. That means that some items, to some locations could take two weeks or more. Remember, we're a 50 year old family run business, so feel free to call us for a rush. We can get most of our items out the same day and use next day air and get it to you tomorrow, but you need to call before 2:00 Eastern time.
To determine your shipping charge, simply add the items that you want to buy into your pack/shopping cart and click on the Secure Checkout button to go to the next screen and all you will need to enter is your zip code, hit the apply button and you will get your shipping charges before you have to enter any more information.
WE CAN NOT SHIP CASES OF CANNED FOOD OUTSIDE OF THE LOWER 48.
Prices subject to change without notice. We are not liable for any typographical errors or errors in pricing.
Click Here for Size Chart
Click Here for Women's Sizing Chart