|When your adventures take you beyond cell service, SPOT Gen3 lets family and friends know you're ok or sends emergency responders your GPS location, all at the push of a button. Add this rugged, pocket-sized device to your essential gear and stay connected wherever you roam. Long live adventure.|
SPOT works around the world, including virtually all of the continental United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe and Australia, portions of South America, Northern Africa, and North-Eastern Asia and hundreds or thousands of miles offshore of these areas. In Russia, the GPS accuracy of your SPOT is limited (degraded) in accordance with Russian regulations restricting the accuracy of GPS performance for devices utilized in Russia. Last Updated 2013-07-10. Estimated coverage area. Actual coverage may vary. Success rates are forecasts for a SPOT messenger to successfully deliver a single message during a 20-minute period, based on network availability. Additionally, in everyday conditions it is normal for some messages to be blocked by your environment, such as hills or buildings. That 's why the SPOT Messenger is scheduled to automatically send multiple messages in every mode – giving you excellent overall reliability.
Why SPOT? The SPOT product family offers peace of mind beyond the boundaries of cellular. Whether you want to check in, make calls or monitor your prized possessions, SPOT uses 100% satellite technology to keep you connected to the people and things that matters most, all while using the world's most modern satellite network.
Who needs Spot? Anyone who travels by land, sea and air! Since its launch, SPOT's satellite technology has provided peace of mind by helping initiate more than 2,500 rescues and counting and providing GPS tracking services. Over the past five years, recreational outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, government agency employees, National Geographic explorers and photographers, and researchers are just some of the people that have benefited from using SPOT.
How it works?
- GPS satellites provide signals
- SPOT messenger's onboard GPS chip determines your GPS location and sends your location and preselected message to communication satellites
- Communication satellites relay your message to specific satellite antennas around the world
- Satellite antennas and a global network route your location and message to the appropriate network
- Your location and messages are delivered according to your instructions via email, text message, or emergency notification to the GEOS Rescue Coordination Center
- Singapore - Currently experiencing technical issues possibly impacting connectivity for some simplex and SPOT messenger/tracking devices. Issues identified and working quickly to resolve.
- Venezuela - Currently experiencing technical issues impacting connectivity and service levels for duplex, simplex and SPOT messenger/tracking devices. Issues identified and working quickly to resolve, however, full restoration of service TBD.
- SOS: With the push of a button, GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center provides your GPS coordinates and information to local response teams - for example contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America and 1-1-2 responders in Europe The S.O.S. button is for emergencies only.
HOW IT WORKS: Once activated, SPOT will acquire its exact coordinates from the GPS network, and send that location along with a distress message to the GEOS International Emergency Response Center every five minutes until cancelled or until the batteries are depleted. The Emergency Response Center notifies the appropriate emergency responders based on your GPS location and personal information – which may include local police, highway patrol, the Coast Guard, our country’s embassy or consulate, or other emergency search and rescue teams – as well as notifying your emergency contacts about the receipt of a distress signal.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Even if SPOT cannot acquire its location from the GPS network it will still attempt to send a distress signal – without exact location – to GEOS, which will still notify your contacts of the signal and continue to monitor the network for further messages.
9-1-1 EMERGENCY SERVICES POWERED BY GEOS Search and Rescue
- Help/SPOT Assist: Alert your personal contacts that you need help in non-life-threatening situations. Or, use SPOT Assist for professional services on land or water. (Additional service required).
HOW IT WORKS: Once activated, SPOT acquires your location from the GPS network and routes it along with the HELP message through the SPOT satellite network every five minutes for one hour or until cancelled. Your contacts will receive an SMS text message including coordinates, or an email with a link to Google Maps™ showing your location.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Even if SPOT cannot acquire its location from the GPS network it will still attempt to send a HELP message – without exact location – to your personal contacts.
SPOT Assist: SPOT Assist allows you to notify third-party towing professionals of your request for assistance on land or water. (Additional service required).
- Check In: Let family and friends know you're ok when you're out of cell phone range. Send a pre-programmed text message with GPS coordinates or an email with a link to Google Maps™ to your contacts with your location. With a push of a button, a message is sent via email or SMS to up to 10 pre-determined contacts and your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Your stored waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT Shared Page or SPOT Adventure account.
HOW IT WORKS: Once you have activated your SPOT Messenger and set up your account, you can change your contacts and customize your message at any time. When you push the Check-in button, you send one pre-programmed message to your contacts. Your contacts will receive an SMS text message including coordinates, or an email with a link to Google Maps™ showing your location.
- Custom Message: Stay in touch while off the grid by sending your custom message. Set up a message before leaving to send to contacts with your GPS location. Use this feature as a secondary OK message or transfer your personal help alert to this message function if you are using a SPOT Assist service on your Help button.
The Custom Message functions exactly like your Check In message You can also have access to your waypoints in your SPOT account so you can review your route at a later date. Or link your SPOT account to SPOT Adventures and save a map of your adventures using your SPOT waypoints, and enhance the story with photos and a blog.
HOW IT WORKS: Once you have activated your SPOT Messenger and set up your account, you can change your contacts and customize your message at any time. When you push the Check In button, you send one pre-programmed message to your contacts. Your contacts will receive an SMS text message including coordinates, or an email with a link to Google Maps™ showing your location.
- Tracking: Allow friends and family to follow your progress online in near real-time and save waypoints so you can review your entire route at a later date.
HOW IT WORKS: Once you activate the tracking mode, SPOT acquires and sends your GPS coordinates to your SPOT account and, if you choose, Shared Pages. Creating a SPOT Shared Page allows you to share your GPS route with your friends and family easily in near real-time on the web through a personal link. You can make your Shared Page private or public. Your choice! Just share that URL with your friends and family and they can easily track your adventures. Upload your tracks to SPOT Adventures, a social portal, where you can set up a profile and blog with others sharing their SPOT Adventures.
New Tracking Options: Unlimited Tracking Set it and forget it. Pre-set your SPOT Gen3 to send tracks at the speed of your adventures. Change your tracks to send every 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes. SPOT Gen3 will send tracks at your chosen rate for as long as your device is turned on and moving (no need to re-set after 24 hours). Tracking doesn't stop until you do.
Extreme Tracking Get all of the great features of Unlimited Tracking, but with the added ability to vary your track rate down to every 2 ˝ minutes. Don't miss a step with increased track rates!
- Height: 3.43" (8.72 cm)
- Width: 2.56" (6.5 cm)
- Thickness: 1" (2.54 cm)
- Weight: 4.0 oz (114g) with Lithium batteries
- Operating Temp: -30C to 60C (-22F to 140F)
- Operating Altitude: -100m to +6,500m (-328ft to +21,320ft)
- Humidity Rated: MIL-STD-810F, Method 507.3, 95% to 100% cond.
- Vibration Rated: Per SAE J1455
- Battery Type: 4 AAA Energizer™ Lithium Ultimate 8X Or 4 AAA Energizer™ NiMH Rechargeable
- Longer Battery Life SPOT Gen3 has approximately twice the battery life of the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger! Battery Options Now there are more options for how you power your SPOT: 4 AAA Energizer® Ultimate Lithium 8x Batteries (L92), 4 AAA Energizer® NiMH reusable batteries (NH12), Line power with a 5v USB connection. (SPOT Gen3 is not waterproof when line powered.)
SHIPPING TIMES: Most, but not all orders leave our warehouse within 1-7 business days. Allow time from the day we ship for FedEx or the USPS to deliver it to you from Upstate NY. Please call for rush orders before 2:00 Eastern time. That means that some items, to some locations could take two weeks or more. Remember, we're a 50 year old family run business, so feel free to call us for a rush. We can get most of our items out the same day and use next day air and get it to you tomorrow, but you need to call before 2:00 Eastern time.
To determine your shipping charge, simply add the items that you want to buy into your pack/shopping cart and click on the Secure Checkout button to go to the next screen and all you will need to enter is your zip code, hit the apply button and you will get your shipping charges before you have to enter any more information.
WE CAN NOT SHIP CASES OF CANNED FOOD OUTSIDE OF THE LOWER 48.
Prices subject to change without notice. We are not liable for any typographical errors or errors in pricing.
Click Here for Size Chart
Click Here for Women's Sizing Chart