The Hexagon backpacking wood stove folds to a slim compact size, requiring little space in your pack. The individual titanium panels are completely hinged and snap easily into place for quick set-up. Durable titanium construction is able to endure long term heat without damage. The conical shape focuses heat upward, directing it to your pot, for quick efficient cooking. A hinged access door can be opened or closed for air control, as well as re-fueling.
If you would like to see a great demonstration of this product, check out the video below provided by our friend Kevin Estela from the Wilderness Learning Center:
- Nylon carrying case included
- Unfolded dimensions: 4” height x 5” base diameter x 3” top diameter
- Weight: 4.1 oz.
Three sides of the Hexagon stove are longer acting as feet to allow the proper ventilation into the burning area of the stove. Add wood by simply swinging out the special hinged door.
Customer Reviews — 3item(s)
Vargo Titanium Hexagon Wood Stove
- What a marvelous lightweight cooking stove. Rather than wood, I prefer to use it as a base/windscreen for my alcohol stove I have a triangia, but any alcohol stove would do. I also cut two 6 inch pieces of wire from a metal coat hanger, bent each end 90 degrees, and layed them across the slots in the top so I can set my metal water bottle down into the stove. It brings the bottle and the flame within close proximity.<br>There are some who complain that their particular Vargo Stove doesn\'t snap together securely and can become unstable when loaded with a heavy pot. That was my experience as well, but it was easily fixed with a large safety pin. After I pushed the last snap unto itself, a small roll of metal sticks out on the outside of the shell. Then, by sliding the safety pin into that tube and closing it, the entire stove becomes "bomb-proof".<br>
- best for you suprisely to take huge discount
Vargo Titanium Wood Stove
- Vargo makes some outstanding products and this is one of them. We are pretty selective in what we endorse so suffice it to say this marvel of lightweight utility can be an outstanding addition to your preparedness supplies and camping gear. Here is why we endorse it: <br>Lightweight/Strong Construction - Easy to Store/Assemble - Fuel readily available in most areas - Practical, low environmental impact <br>and efficient use of wood based fuel - fits with \"redundancy\"" concept of having an alternative to having more options. Get one."