This is the classic, long-burning, collapsible Original Candle Lantern that has provided warm, natural light to millions of outdoor enthusiasts for decades. It is perfectly suited to backpacking, mountaineering, snow camping, and similar outdoor pursuits. Lightweight and compact, the Original Candle Lantern provides 9 hours of warm light from a single candle, surrounding it in the safest, most efficient lantern housing available anywhere. The lightweight aluminum or brass frame holds the glass chimney securely in place, creating a windproof environment for the flame. And the unique, easy-slide chimney allows the glass to slide down into the lantern, making the candle easier than ever to light. The spring-powered candle tube pushes the candle up as it burns, keeping the flame burning at a constant height. A viewing slot on the side of the lantern allows the user to monitor the slow burning candle for remaining burn time.
- Collapses down to 4.25" in height.
- Lightweight, durable, aluminum or brass construction and a long-lasting candle with a 9-hour burn time.
- Easy-slide glass chimney allows quick access for lighting candle.
- Spring-loaded candle tube burns candles efficiently.
- Carrying handle, hanging bail, twist-lock base, and candle viewing slot.
- Specially designed vent in base provides air supply.
- Dimensions: 6.5" high x 2" diameter (17 cm x 5 cm)
- Closes to: 4.25" high x 2 diameter (11 cm x 5 cm)
- Weight (w/ candle): 6.4 oz. (181 g) in aluminum; 8.8 oz. (249 g) in brass
- Candle: UCO 9-hour white or citronella candles, or 12-hour beeswax candles.