WetFire™ Tinder is the perfect accompaniment to any fire starter, and can help you get a blaze going even in a downpour. In fact, the cubes actually burn longer when wet!
WetFire™ starting tinder was born from the need for a universal lighting material that was safe, odorless, easy-to-carry, and unaffected by wind or water. Elite military troops can find themselves anywhere, in any kind of weather. They require something that will light a fire in a rainstorm if needed, yet extinguish instantly to avoid detection, leaving no residue, no odor, no smoke.
Ultimate Survival WetFire™ Tinder is the best fire-starting tinder material available anywhere in the world. It is individually packaged in a lightweight solid cube form that can't leak or foul up your other gear. It leaves none of the residue of inferior petroleum-based products and is non-toxic. The cubes burn without smoke and can be started even in high winds and nasty weather. In fact, the tinder burns while floating in water, and burns longer when wet.
WetFire™ Tinder burns at over 1300 degrees yet cools almost instantly when snuffed out. A small pile of shavings is enough to start a campfire, warm your hands, or pre-heat a backpacking stove. Always have some of these cubes available when you go outside.
While WetFire™ was developed for military personnel, anyone who needs to start a fire can benefit from this amazing fire starting tinder. For decades, mountain climbers have struggled with gooey fire starting gels to light their stoves at high altitude. Not only messy, these gels are hard to use. At high altitude you have enough to worry about without wasting energy trying to light an uncooperative stove. With WetFire™ Tinder, this problem is solved. Just sprinkle a small amount of tinder shavings around the backpacker stove, and it lights instantly. No goo, no mess, no hassle.
Even if you're not in the military, and don't plan to climb Everest, WetFire™ Tinder will help you start any fire. Use it to light your backyard barbecue, or to start a fire in your living room fireplace. Make yourself popular when only you can start the late night beach bonfire.
- Material: Trade Secret
- Weight (per cube): .2 oz (5.67g)
- Color: White
- 8 individually wrapped cubes per package
A few months ago, we decided to hold a Scout Challenge through our Facebook page. We had asked for troops from all over the country to send us their information and tell us a little bit about their troop. We received an overwhelming response from troops wanting to participate! Ultimately, we ended up choosing 10 troops for the Scout Challenge. Each of these troops were sent different fire starting items, included the item listed here. The troops were asked to take photos of their use of the fire starting materials, as well has give brief reviews of each item and state which ones worked well together.
Interested in reading these great scout reviews? All you have to do is visit our blog My Dirt Time and look for the entries with the words "Scout Challenge" in the title. There you will find the scout reviews on this item, as well as other, plus a ton of other interesting information.
- Product Videos
Customer Reviews — 8item(s)
- I have used this for three years now with no problems. I shaved pieces off, broke it into little pieces and had no problem lighting it with a magnesium striker. I get my best results when I used Wetfire along with Fatwood shavings and tinder. The combination of the tab shavings along with Fat wood shavings produced a small fire that burned for five minutes or more by itself, plenty of time to add smaller pieces of wood to get a fire going. I\'ll have to check the ones that I have left to see if they still work.
- Tried breaking it up, lighting it whole, and in small pieces, it doesn\'t work. Glad we did not have to rely on this stuff, we would have been in trouble. NOT recommended!
- if you have a problem lighting it try do keep it reasonably dry , and scrape little shavings off and then try sparking or lighting it,im not saying you guys were wrong but be a little more creative
- I bought this from u guys a year ago and finally had to use these out on a backpacking trip and was majorly let down i would NEVER EVER advise anyone to use these as they were impossible to light!!! Sadly i bought two packs
- Wetfire + Blastmach = instant success every time! I keep mine in the freezer when not in use to extend the life.
- I bought several boxes of this product at the Outdoor Retailer show in Salt Lake City. I tried it on many occasions under various conditions. It worked very well for me. My one HUGE complaint about this product is that it has a very short shelf life. After about a year this Wet Fire item is junk. It won\'t light anymore, with the flame from a match or even a gas lighter it wouldn\'t start up. I found this out while I was with the scouts camping and was bragging up this item. I was so embarrassed as you can imagine. They got a good laugh over this one
- Not sure what Risley\'s problem was. Started instantly for me wet or dry. You only cruble a little off to get a fire going. I tried with both sparks and flame with the same results. Im wondering if they tried to light the WAter Ie just wipe the water off the light. You have to hit the wetfire with a spark or flame,not the water. wiping off a clear spot on the tinder works fine. I even tried the floating on water trick.
Wet Fire Tinder
- Sorry campingsurvival.com This one had my hopes up but i think it\'s way to hard to start when wet. it took me like 3 minutes with a Gas lighter. there\'s no way to light it wet with a match!! And it must have taken awhile to get that shot of it floating in the water. sorry but the only reason it gets four is because camping survival is a great website and probably didnt try this yet.