1 Case/30 Bars
- 10,000 kj. 2400 kcal per package.
- High energy value. Ready to eat.
- Non thirst provoking.
- Small and lightweight.
- All natural ingredients.
- No preservatives.
- Superior coconut flavor
- Tabletized and subpackaged for ease of rationing.
- USCG, Canadian CoastGuard and EC approved
- 5 year shelf life.
1 Package as shown in picture
- Wheat Flour
- Vegetable Shortening
- Granulated Sugar
- Coconut Flavoring
A few of the people here at JHL Supply and CampingSurvival.com have recently done a taste test on our emergency food bars. We often get questions like “how do you like this?”, or “what is your favorite of these items?” and we like to be able to give our customers the best answer on our emergency and survival gear. Therefore we put out our three emergency / survival food bars for all of us to try. Here is what some of us came up with.
- My favorite emergency food bar is the Mayday food bar. These are the ones in the yellow and black packaging seen here http://www.campingsurvival.com/emfoba.html I like the cinnamon flavor the best. It is a tough call though. All three are surprisingly decent to eat. When I first ask someone to try the emergency food bars, they look at it and make a face and say no. When I push a little harder they try them and are always surprised at how good they are. They are a great survival food. Read what our others said about the bars below. -Tom Sciacca, President JHL Supply/CampingSurvival.com
- I liked the datrex it tasted like a dutch butter cookie, would go well with milk or hot tea. I also liked the mainstay they tasted like a lemon cookie or lemon bar. -Tammy, Shipping/Receiving.
- After our official taste test of the 3 food bars we carry, I find I like the Datrex the best. I prefer the texture of the Datrex bars compared to the Mainstay and Mayday, as it is more filling than the grainy-ness of the other two. I equate it to the taste of a Lorna Doone cookie. The Mainstay bar has a pleasent lemony flavor and the grittiness is a little less than the apple-cinnamon Mayday bar. I suppose a mixture of the 3 in a survival situation would be worthwhile, yet I think I would eat all the Datrex bars first and hope for rescue when they were gone. -Sheryl, Shipping/Receiving
- The May Day, apple, taste like apple crisp! Mmmmm The Main Stay, lemon/lime, taste like a cream sickle(sp). Mmmmm -Lisa, Customer Service/Purchasing
- Product Videos
Customer Reviews — 1item(s)
Tase / Uses
- I bought some of these for emergency preparedness. I took one to work and handed out individual pieces to people they like it. I t smella a little like coconut, not sure if it has any coconut in it though. I use them for snack when I am to busy to eat lunch and carry in my vehicles. I really like them. Very dry make sure you have a liquid around when eating.