UCO is pleased to introduce the ultimate Stormproof Match.
Unlike other “waterproof” or “windproof” matches, the UCO Stormproof matches are easy to light, and will stay lit for up to 15 seconds, even after being submersed in water!
Being able to reliably make a fire is vital for cooking, generating warmth, and in survival situations, making signal fires.
The UCO Stormproof Matches are perfect for camping and emergency kits. The UCO Stormproof matches should be part of every 10 Essentials check list.
Included are two boxes of matches with 25 matches in each box, 50 matches total.
- Easy to light, and stays lit even underwater!
- 15 second burn time is nearly 3 times as long as other “wind proof” matches.
- UCO Stormproof Matches are 2 3/4 inches long, much longer than other brands. In ad- dition to a longer burn time, this extended length allows for added safety to keep from burning fingertips.
Tom's Match Test
These matches are amazing! I read below that “Easy to light, and stays lit even underwater!” and was skeptical so I had to test it. First I just lit one and threw it in a shallow puddle and it kept burning. I lit another and dropped it in a bucket of water and the water around the match was boiling. I pulled it out and it was still burning and put it back in the water. It finished burning to the end. I then lit another one and stuffed it in the snow bank. It melted the snow around it and kept burning to the end. Amazing! These are going to be a regular part of my all my personal kits.
Tom Sciacca JHL Supply / CampingSurvival.com
Please Note: This item can not be shipped to Canada.
Customer Reviews — 2item(s)
- They don\'t burn for 15 seconds, only 10. Yet these are the best matches you can get, I believe. My only wich is if they were strike anywhere, but I have no idea how that could be accomplished. The box sucks but at least they give you a couple of extra phosphorus strips in the box. I would buy again, and a dozen of them fit in the Matchcap from Exotac which is also a solid piece of engineering.
Ultimate Stormproof Match
- Here\'s the drill...if you get stuck and absolutely need to make a fire and you are injured and the weather is bad likelyand you are in shock -the likelihood of your dropping matches or needing them to stay lit longer will be critical. We dropped them in water and they work...we would like to see these in sealed hard containers like boat matches because cardboard boxes end up crushed when wet....repack yourself. Also we also recommend you create a fire starting kit consisting of a variety of starting tools like metal ferro sparkers, butane lighters, tinder, matches, gelled or solid fuel, rubber pieces - remember -redundancy works WTSHTF. We\'ll be getting more of these.