- Overall Length : 4-1/16"
- Flint Length : 2-13/16"
- Flint Diameter: 5/16"
- Metal Striker
- Plastic Handle
- Lanyard Included
- Great for Emergencies, Sparking Fires, Camping, Hiking Etc
A fire starter is an essential tool for camping, hiking, hunting, emergencies or survival kits.
How to Use the Fire Starter:
- Gather tinder: twigs, dead branches, dry bark, grass, pine needles, lint or paper
- Hold the magnesium rod at an angle above your tinder pile
- Use the striker to scrape along the length of the magnesium rod to create shavings
- Let the shavings fall into your tinder pile
- Keep scraping until you’ve scraped a pile of shavings amounting approximately to the size of a quarter coin
- Hold the flint at an angle over the pile of magnesium shavings, then slide your striker along the length of the flint forcefully to create sparks
- Continue to slide striker against the flint until the sparks you’ve created land directly onto the pile of magnesium shaving & tinder and ignite the fire
- Once ignited, blow gently on the magnesium shavings to spread flames to the rest of your tinder