Serving size 3 oz., Three servings.
Finally!!! Not only a food ration that tastes great but it's very nutritious. After years of research and development Mayday Industries is proud to announce our new 400, 1200, 2400 and 3600 calorie food bars. They are great tasting food rations with a five year shelf life. The 2400 & 3600 rations are U.S. Coast Guard approved under the new licensing requirements of 1995. Our food bar is baked under strict supervision to insure the quality which you expect. Mayday food rations can be stored outside to 149 degrees and can be eaten without preparation. Great for extended Hiking Trips, Survival of Life at Sea, Earthquake Preparedness, other Acts of Nature or and Survival Situations. Total fat 17 g, Saturated fat 4 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 35 mg, Total carbohydrates 55 g, Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 14 g, Protein 7 g, Vitamin A 100%, Iron 4%, Vitamin E 100%, Riboflavin 100%, Vitamin B5 100%, Vitamin B12 100%, Pantothenic Acid 100%, Copper 100%, Vitamin C 100%, Vitamin D 100%, Thiamin 100%, Niacin 100%, Falate 100%, Biotin 100%, Iodine 100%, Zinc 100%. Ingredients: Enriched Flour, Vegetable Shortening, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Soy Flour, Cornstarch, Potassium Sorbate, (Vitamins listed above), Artificial Lemon Flavoring, Artificial Vanilla Flavoring, Artificial Butter Flavoring, Artificial Coloring (Egg Shade).
A few of the people here at JHL Supply and CampingSurvival.com have recently done a taste test on our emergency food bars. We often get questions like “how do you like this?", or “what is your favorite of these items?" and we like to be able to give our customers the best answer on our emergency and survival gear. Therefore we put out our three emergency / survival food bars for all of us to try. Here is what some of us came up with.
- My favorite emergency food bar is the Mayday food bar. These are the ones in the yellow and black packaging seen here http://www.campingsurvival.com/emfoba.html I like the cinnamon flavor the best. It is a tough call though. All three are surprisingly decent to eat. When I first ask someone to try the emergency food bars, they look at it and make a face and say no. When I push a little harder they try them and are always surprised at how good they are. They are a great survival food. Read what our others said about the bars below. -Tom Sciacca, President JHL Supply/CampingSurvival.com
- I liked the datrex it tasted like a dutch butter cookie, would go well with milk or hot tea. I also liked the mainstay they tasted like a lemon cookie or lemon bar. -Tammy, Shipping/Receiving.
- After our official taste test of the 3 food bars we carry, I find I like the Datrex the best. I prefer the texture of the Datrex bars compared to the Mainstay and Mayday, as it is more filling than the grainy-ness of the other two. I equate it to the taste of a Lorna Doone cookie. The Mainstay bar has a pleasent lemony flavor and the grittiness is a little less than the apple-cinnamon Mayday bar. I suppose a mixture of the 3 in a survival situation would be worthwhile, yet I think I would eat all the Datrex bars first and hope for rescue when they were gone. -Sheryl, Shipping/Receiving
- The May Day, apple, taste like apple crisp! Mmmmm The Main Stay, lemon/lime, taste like a cream sickle(sp). Mmmmm -Lisa, Customer Service/Purchasing
Long Term and Emergency Foods from Camping Survival Review:
INo matter how prepared, we are all subject to life's little mishaps and emergencies. Sometimes these occur in the outdoors, and sometimes nature brings them to our back yard. Having a food supply available, with good nutrition and a long shelf life can help pull us out of those little glitches. to continue ...
- Product Videos
Customer Reviews — 1item(s)
- These aren't bad at all and actually taste pretty good. However, you will need something to wash it down with because they are dense. Can be a bit crumbly too, but not an issue for me.