- p>With Mountain House cooked, diced Chicken you can use in any recipe requiring cooked chicken - a great source of protein. Each can of Mountain House Diced Chicken makes approximately 14 3/4-cup servings (Dry mix), 3/4-cup servings (Prepared). Mountain House® foods have excellent flavor, convenience, and storability. The Mountain House® name is your assurance of premium quality foods that may be stored for years. The exclusive Mountain House® freeze drying process locks in the natural flavors and colors of our premium-quality foods. Mountain House® freeze dried foods have the flavor appeal of freshly frozen foods, with added energy saving advantages so important every day, and especially during emergencies.
- #10 Can, 17 oz
- 14 3/4 cup servings (Prepared), 3/4 Cup Servings (Dry Mix)
- 25 Year Shelf Life
- Easy to prepare-just add hot water
INGREDIENTS: Chicken Meat and Salt
To prepare single serving:
To Prepare entire can:Add 10 cups (80 oz) Boiling water to contents of can. Follow steps 4 thorugh 6 above.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil.
- Remove from heat
- Add 3/4 cup dry chicken.
- Stir gently.
- Cover. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain excess water and serve. Use in any recipes requiring cooked chicken.
Storing your left overs:
After opening, we recommend using the dry contents within one week for best results and taste, using the convenient resealable plastic lid between uses.
After hydration, treat any leftover hydrated food as you would fresh food.
Why Mountain House
Our meals have since been on many amazing adventures:
- The North and South poles
- The tops of towering mountain ranges around the world
- Even to the moon and back!
For nearly 50 years, consumers have continued to choose Mountain House as their favorite brand of freeze dried food for on-the-go adventures, emergency preparedness and survival. With just-add-water convenience, easy no-mess cleanup and home-cooked flavors, Mountain House is the best freeze dried camping, backpacking, hiking and emergency preparedness food money can buy!
Where We're From
We are nestled in the heart of the lush Willamette Valley of Oregon, just south of Portland. It is here in our hometown of Albany that we cook up our hearty, savory meals.
What foods are best for Survival Food storage?
To round out your survival food pantry, we recommend a wide variety of foods from canned foods to freeze dried and dehydrated foods packaged in sealed containers with oxygen absorbers. These storable long shelf life foods last for 25 years or more if stored well. Keep these foods out of temperature extremes and direct sunlight. A dry basement, the bottom of a closet, under a bed and so on are perfect places to store your survival food. Freeze dried foods keep their original size, whereas, dehydrated foods will shrink in size, but both are great for emergency food storage. Prepackaged items in #10 cans with an oxygen absorber last from 10 to 30 years. Freeze dried and dehydrated fruits and vegetables are great foods for your survival food pantry as well. They are delicious snacks right out of the cans or easily added to a variety of recipes calling for fruits and vegetables, which means they are easy to rotate through. Once they are opened, they are exposed to oxygen, so they’ll need to be used within about a year or so.
- Product Videos
- Shipping Restrictions
- This item can not be shipped to Mexico