Used worldwide by campers, hikers, militaries, emergency organizations, and anyone else who needs to drink water of questionable quality, these Portable Aqua iodine tablets will disinfect contaminated drinking water in a pinch. The tablets--which are intended for short-term or limited emergency use only--make most water bacteriologically suitable for drinking, proving effective against Giardia lamblia when used as directed.
Each Potable Aqua tablet contains 20 mg of Tetraglycine Hydroperiodide (TGHP), which liberates 8 mg of titratable iodine when released into water. Within 30 minutes, the iodine will have penetrated the cell walls of the microorganisms, rendering them inactive and making the water safe to drink.
For use only when drinking water is of questionable quality. Is not for use on a continuous basis. Read the complete product label
- Potable Aqua Tablets make questionable water bacteriologically safe to drink.
- Proven effective against Giardia Lamblia when used as directed.
- Treats 25 Liters or Quarts. Ready in 30 minutes.
- Ideal for Hiking, Backpacking, Emergency preparation, Emergency response and travel.
- Used by Militaries and emergency organizations worldwide.
Potable Aqua® Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets are intended for emergency disinfection of drinking water. When used as directed, they make most water bacteriologically suitable for drinking. Used worldwide by campers, hikers, militaries, emergency organizations and anyone needing to drink water of questionable bacteriological quality. Potable Aqua® is for use only when drinking water is suspected or known to be bacteriologically substandard. Not to be used on a continuous basis. For short term or limited emergency use only.Potable Aqua was developed by Harvard University together with the U.S. Army in the 1940s for emergency drinking water disinfection in the field, and have been used worldwide by military, disaster relief organizations and campers ever since.
Potable Aqua® Plus are neutralizing tablets for use after water has been treated with Potable Aqua®. P.A. Plus neutralizes the iodine after-taste and color.
- Ready in just 35 minutes. Easy to use.
- Ideal for Camping, hiking and travel
- Proven effective against Giardia Lamblia when used as directed
- Active Ingredients:Tetraglycine Hydroperiodide.....16.7%
- OTHER INGREDIENTS......... 83.3%
- Each Tablet Contains: 6.68% Titratable Iodine
Keep cap on bottle tightly sealed and keep tablets dry. Humidity, moisture and exposure to air will reduce effectiveness of tablets. Dispose of open bottle after 1 year. Unopened bottles are effective for up to 4 years. This is an Iodine-based compound product.Potable Aqua Germicidal Tablets have not been shown to inactivate Cryptosporidium cysts.
- 2 Tables of Potable Aqua makes 1 quart of most water bacteriologically suitable to drink
- Uniform dosage per tablet assured- no guesswork.
- 1 Bottle treats up to 25 quarts of water!
- Add 2 tablets of Potable Aqua to 1 quart or liter of water and cap loosely to allow a small about of leakage. Wait 5 minutes and shake container to allow screw threads on the closure to be moistened, then tighten cap. Wait 30 more minutes before drinking.
Customer Reviews — 2item(s)
Works great! Easy!
- I've been backpacking in 6 or 7 different states and used this product for 20 plus years. It works great! Easy to use - no pumping, or effort! Never been sick, not once.
- This stuff is great