Contact us for quantity discounts and freight quotes as we can get any size order out quickly.
Package heavy parts and supplies or use as sand-filled flood barriers.
- 800 Denier woven polypropylene resists punctures and tears.
- Maximum UVI protection - lasts 1,600 hours in the sun.
- Dense, tight weave holds almost any dry substance.
- Built-in ties.
Sandbags are most often used during emergencies where water threatens to flood an area. Sand Bags have many non-emergency related uses as well. They can be used as a foundation for a new levee or many other water control structures. After usage, dry sandbags can be stored for future use. Wet bags may need to be disposed as they may be contaminated by chemicals and fecal matter.
The military uses sandbags for field fortifications, or as a temporary measure to protect civilian structures. Because burlap and sand are inexpensive, large protective barriers can be erected cheaply. The friction created by moving soil or sand grains and multiple tiny air gaps makes sandbags an efficient dissipator of explosive blast. The most common size for sandbags is 14 inches by 26 inches. These dimensions and weight of sand a bag this size can hold allows for the construction of an interlocked wall like brickwork. They are not too heavy to lift and move into place. The vast majority of sandbags used by modern militaries and for flood prevention are made of circular woven polypropylene.
How do you fill and tie sand bags?
- Hold a sand bag open while another person shovels sand into the bag.
- Fill the bag halfway. Filling the bag halfway allows the bag to be moved more easily.
- Close the top of the bag. Scrunch the end of the bag together like you were closing a loaf of bread.
- Use the attached tie to seal the bag. Seal it near the top of the bag to allow the sand to move around within the bag.
Customer Reviews — 1item(s)
- Maybe you don\'t live in an area where water is currently considered a "problem" but having sand bags on hand to help divert water during torrential rains or large snow melts can be indispensable. These take up minimal amounts of space and also have a number of other uses such as protective covers for gear and transporting other gear. Get them when on sale under 50 cents each. Don\'t expect to have these delivered by the government when it is too late. But even new preppers get that point now.