A lifetime of water at hand
The Mini Water Filter is the lightest and most versatile personal filtration system from Sawyer. It weighs 2 ounces and fits in the palm of your hand. While incredibly small and convenient, this filter was tested to 10 million parts of bacteria and one million parts of protozoa without a single breakthrough — the highest testing level for filtration.
The size, convenience, and performance of the Sawyer Mini filter make it perfect for everything from camping with the kids to travelling abroad where tap and bottle water cannot be trusted. It comes with all the accessories you need to use this system in any of the following ways:
The Sawyer Mini Water Filtration System weighs just 2 ounces and filters up to 100,000 gallons! What’s special about Sawyer filters is they filter to 0.1 micron absolute, exceeding EPA and NSF recommendations. Did we mention you can drink directly from the Mini, attach it to Sawyer Squeeze Pouches, use inline on a hydration pack, or attach it to the top of almost any bottled water? How about that for versatility? And like all Sawyer Filters; they are backflushable almost indefinitely. That means no expensive cartridges to replace, ever. The Sawyer MINI Water Filter is rated to 0.1 micron absolute. The Sawyer Mini 0.1 micron absolute filter houses a cluster of micro-fibrous tubes which use similar technology found in medical dialysis. As water passes through the side walls of the tubes, harmful bacteria and protozoa are trapped in the outer walls so you can be confident your water is safe to drink.
- Attach to the included 16-ounce reusable squeeze pouch to drink directly from the filter or squeeze water into a water bottle.
- Screw onto most disposable water bottles.
- Attach inline on a hydration pack — no adapters required
- Sip from the personal drinking straw and drink directly from the source, or scoop up a bottle of water directly from any freshwater lake, river, or stream
- Simply fill up the included water pouch at a lake or stream, screw the hollow-fiber filter onto the pouch and squeeze the pouch to push the water through the filter OR Check out the different ways to use your Mini.
- Includes a 16 fl. oz. pouch; collapsible pouches are made from durable Mylar foil (100% BPA FREE), can be rolled tightly for easy packing, and can be reused hundreds of times.
- The Mini has a removable push/pull cap built right in, so you can spray water straight into your mouth or use it to fill a water bottle; fills most water bottles in 30 seconds.
- The Mini removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera and E.coli; removes 99.9999% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium. Also removes cysts.
- We’ve included syringe to backflush the filter to maintain a high-flow rate
- The Mini will also fit the threads on most bottles of water that you buy at a grocery store; great for international travel.
- Incredibly easy to use, The Mini comes with simple cleaning and maintenance instructions. Instantly drink or dispense water from the squeeze pouch, use inline on a hydration pack, drink straight from the source with the straw, or screw onto most standard plastic bottles.
- 1 – Sawyer MINI Water Filter with Tip Cap
- 1 - 16 oz Reusable Squeeze Pouch
- 1 – 7″ Drinking Straw
- 1 – Cleaning Plunger (Syringe)
- Cleaning and Maintenance Instructions
- Filter Material: Hollow fiber
- Removes: Bacteria, protozoa, E. Coli, giardia, vibrio cholerea, Salmonella typhi
- Cartridge Life: up to 100,000 gallons
- Compatibility: Water bottles, inline, straw, pouch
- Claimed Weight: 2 oz - Weight only 2 ounces, the Mini is so compact and light, you have more room in your pack for other essentials.
- Recommended Use: Hiking, backpacking, ultralight backpacking, camping, emergency preparedness
- Product #: Single
Made in USA.
Absolute Micron Filtering Technology Makes The Difference
Sawyer's revolutionary filter technology is in use by hundreds of groups, including non-profit organizations, relief agencies, and governments in more than 70 countries around the world.
The proprietary element of Sawyer’s water filters is comprised of tiny 'U' shaped micro-tubes that allow water to enter into their core through tiny micro-pores. The high number of those tiny tubes and their surface area allows the filter to have one of the fastest flow rates in the world. This high flow rate eliminates the need to store water, reducing the possibility of water contamination after the filtration process.
Each filter is certified for absolute microns; that means there is no pore size larger than 0.1 in size. This makes it nearly impossible for harmful bacteria, protozoa, or cysts like E. coli, Giardia, Vibrio cholerae, and Salmonella typhi (which cause Cholera and Typhoid) to pass through the Sawyer Mini. Sawyer filters have been tested by independent and qualified research laboratories and found to remove 7 log (99.99999%) of bacteria and 6 log (99.9999%) of protozoa, exceeding US EPA standards. The filter does not remove chemicals, dissolved solids, or viruses. However, viruses are very rarely found in North America or when travelling to foreign cities.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I clean the filter?
For longer filter life, you should backwash and sanitize the filter after every outing. The Mini is backflushable almost indefinitely, and there are no expensive cartridges to replace, ever
Sawyer recommends sanitizing the filter before prolonged storingage.
How will I know when the filter is full of sediment?
The flow of water will slow down. However, it will never fail. Once the filter starts to slow down, simply backwash it and it will be as good as new.
Is it going to get clogged while I'm out on a trip?
Even with very high particulate/turbid water you should get 5 to 10 gallons through the filter. If this is not enough water for your trip, you should plan on field backwashing your filter.
Customer Reviews — 1item(s)
- It's quite nice. Makes nice clean water.