The Swedish FireSteel ARMY Fire Starter originally developed for the Swedish Department of Defense, is a flash of genius. Its 3,000 degrees spark makes startng easy in any weather, at any altitude. Used by a number of armies around the world, Swedish FireSteel’s dependability has already made it a favorite of survival experts, hunters, fishermen and campers. It has also found its way into cabins and backyards as a fool-proof way to light stoves and gas-barbecues.
- Durable – Scout model lasts 3000 strikes, Army model 12,000 strikes
- Works when wet
- Premium quality
- No “dangerous goods” shipping restrictions
- Approved by the International Survival Instructors Association
- Produces a 3000C (5,500F) spark
- Lights campfires, stoves, gas-barbecues
- Great as a give-away, easy to add own logo
- Bright spark – can be used as emergency signal
- Dimensions: 3-3/4" x 7/8" x 5/8" overall - shaft is 2-1/2" x 3/8" diameter
It’s important to have a good fire starter. It’s also important to have some good tinder. We sell some very good tinders here. However, it is also important to use your fire starter at home before you go outdoors. A great project for the budding outdoorsman is making your own tinder. Try the cotton ball and vaseline tinder method. Just get a cotton ball and some vaseline. Get the vaseline throughout the cotton ball, but don’t oversoak it so it’s too wet with vaseline. You’ll need to pull the cotton ball apart a bit to expose the individual threads and throw a spark from you new fire starter. You’ll be amazed at how quickly it catches fire and how long and hot it burns. This is a great project for scout troops as well.
The homemade cotton ball and vaseline tinder is great, but can be messy. Go ahead and also try one or more of our compressed tinders. Another great project is to try different fire starters and tinders to see which works best for you. Again, the bottom line is to learn how to make a fire with your fire starter long before you have to start a fire in a survival situation.
Customer Reviews — 3item(s)
Swedish Fire steel Army
- This thing is great the rod is at least twice as large as other fire steel only a few have rods this big.it is definitely worth the money it is as simple as scrape the paint of of the bar and your ready to go
- always works on first strike
- I ordered my firesteel a few weeks ago and I must say that I\'m impressed by it\'s quality and performance. I used it on my last survival trip and it got my tinder going on the first strike most of the time. Great product.