This trowel is a “simple” little thing I came up with a couple of years ago. It looks as self-explanatory as one can imagine. How much could there be to a backpacking trowel after all? This one is delightfully deceptive - you really have to use it for yourself to see how surprisingly light, effective and tough this trowel really is. Added to that is a mind-bending stealth feature: you can use it handle-down for FOUR TIMES the digging power in hard ground. Use the handle end for breaking up tough dirt and wheedling out rocks; then use the scoop end to pull the dirt out quickly and easily. The combination makes The Deuce® out-dig every other trowel, stick, or stake hands down. Anyone who poops in the woods should have this baby in their pack!
• the ultralight trowel formerly known as The Deuce of Spades
• really helps you doo-doo the right thing – an excellent aid to leave no trace camping
• revolutionary design: it can be used handle UP or handle DOWN!!
– QUADRUPLES the edge pressure for hard ground!
• weighs just under .6 ounces, 17 grams, the weight of 3 1/2 teaspoons of water
• digs down and carves unusually well because of its thinness
• large scoop makes mockery of tent stakes or trekking poles for digging
• cuts right through small roots
• elegant, minimalist design
• strong, tough and a little flexible because they're made of aerospace grade 7075-T6 aluminum (100% US BTW)
• good sand stake but even better for burying other things as sand anchors
• a great gift - bet they haven't got this yet
• designed to need no packaging
• pretty funny: it makes a very good boot- or shoe-horn
• 100% recyclable - drop into any aluminum recycle bin