Yoders Fully Cooked Canned Bacon is 100% US bacon
Ingredients: Pork, Water, Salt, Sugar, Smoke Flavoring, Sodium Phosphates, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite.Yoder’s fully cooked bacon is a great value, in one can you are getting the equivalent of 3 packages of the leading brand of bacon.
Price per pound before cooking Preparation Shelf life (unopened) Yoder's (Yoder’s starts with 2 3/4 to 3 pounds) $5.55-$6.05 Ready to eat 10+ years Leading brand A $6.99 Must be cooked 1-2 weeks refrigerated Leading brand B $7.99 Must be cooked 1-2 weeks refrigerated
More than two years went into the development of this bacon, and we're proud to be able to bring this back to you after improving on a what was a very successful brand of canned bacon made years ago by Celebrity Foods (registered Trademark, all rights reserved).
Each 9 oz. can of Yoders Fully Cooked Canned Bacon has 40 to 50 slices of fully cooked and drained bacon. Between 2-3/4 and 3-1/4 pounds of raw bacon go into each can. Each can is the highest quality fresh #1 bacon slices. Cured to their specifications, cooked and then hand wrapped, rolled and packed in the U.S.
note: Does NOT contain a BPA lining
Yoders Fully Cooked Canned Bacon is cooked down for you prior to canning, so you won't pay for all of the natural shrinkage that occurs whenever you cook bacon. All of the fat and liquid is carefully drained off and can it fresh so it will taste as good out of the can as it would right out of the refrigerator.
With a shelf life in excess of 10 years, Yoders Fully Cooked Canned Bacon is the perfect survival food and makes a perfect addition to your food storage program and it is great for every day use. Take some with you when you go camping, hiking or hunting - keep a case in the boat, RV, cabin or anywhere that you may need to prepare a meal but don't have refrigeration!
Refrigerate After Opening.
NOTE: Minor denting that will not affect shelf life may occur with some cans during transit no matter how well we pack them. Please let us know if any of your canned foods have dents that will affect the shelf life and you won’t be refrigerating soon as we may need to make a UPS claim.
Supplier's Note On Shelf Life
Canned long shelf life food has a shelf life of at least two years from the date of processing. Canned food retains its safety and nutritional value well beyond two years, but it may have some variation in quality, such as a change of color and texture. Canning is a high-heat process that renders the food commercially sterile making it the perfect survival food. Food safety is not an issue in products kept on the shelf or in the pantry for long periods of time. In fact, canned long shelf life food has an almost indefinite shelf life at moderate temperatures (75 F and below). Canned food as old as 100 years has been found in sunken ships and it is still microbiologically safe! We don't recommend keeping canned survival food for 100 years, but if the can is intact, not dented or bulging, it is edible and perfect for your survival food storage pantry.
Yoders is a family business which has spanned 4 generations and with over 100 years of history.
Canned food labels have tendency to peel off over time, especially if they are kept for years in your basement. In order to prevent this, put a coat of shellac over the label as soon as you get them. This way, you will always know what's in the can years later.
There is no expiration date on any of the Yoder’s cans because we go through the expense of doing an accelerated shelf life study on all of the products we develop. If you can prove that the shelf life is equal or great to 5 years, the USDA and FDA doesn't require a “Best By” or “Expiration” date.
However, they do require a date of manufacture be on the can. In the case of all the Yoder’s Products we stamp the date on the bottom of the can in a Julian format. You will notice that there are two lines of numbers and letters on the bottom lid – the first one is the date. The letter you usually see is the line it was produced on, and the next 4 digits is the date. Of the 4 numbers, the first one represents the year and the next 3 numbers are the day of the year (out of 365 days).
For example, if you see something like B8336, B would be the production line the rice was assembled on (more for our tracking purposes as required by the USDA), 8 would be for 2008 and 336 would be for the 336th day of the year – or translated using the below “Day of the Year” calendar
Food cannot be shipped outside the USA.
Recently Lisa made some very tasty food with our canned meats and canned broths and brought it in for all of us to share. Please see below a couple great recipes that had us all asking for seconds. Maybe it’s too much (or maybe not), but I would even add our canned bacon to both recipes too.
JHL Supply / CampingSurvival.com
2 Boxes Fav. Stuffing
1 can Yoders Chicken Chunks
1 can Yoders Turkey Chunks
1 can Yoders Pork Chunks
Keystone Chicken Broth ( App. Amount for both boxes)
Bring Keystone Broth and app. amount of butter to a boil. Add stuffing and all meats. Mix together. Let sit for 5 minutes.
This was awesome!
1 Can Yoders Chicken Chunks
Mayo or Miracle Whip
Mix all together, makes a really good sandwich! Serve with Chips and Deviled Eggs!
Great Add On Idea - A G.I P-38 Can Opener
The G.I P-38 Can Opener became popular with the troops during World War II and are still popular today. People love keeping them handy in their homes, backpacks, or keychains because they make such small, handy survival tools.
Measuring at a mere 1.5" long, dimensions: 1.5" x 5/8" (inches) with a tip which extends .5", these can openers are a great deal at a small price. You may want to even consider stocking up and taping one to each of your emergency canned food items you have in storage. This way, no matter what you'll always have means to open those emergency cans!
Click here to take a look and stock up on some yourself!
- Product Videos
- Shipping Restrictions
- This item can not be shipped to Mexico
Customer Reviews — 20item(s)
- Heaven in a can!
- Very good bacon. If anyone is wondering about shelf life, I still have a few cans from a case I bought in 2005. I opened one of them recently (2017), and the bacon was fine. Some may find the huge amount of fat it's packaged in to be off-putting, but hey! More bacon for you! And a lecture on old-fashioned meat preservation for them. Seriously, this is a great product that will keep for years. The slices are thin and limp, but the taste is pure yummy bacon
- Better than fresh store bought bacon. great for a quick BLT lunch or dinner. Add a little salt and it tastes great. I buy them by the case.
- Very good product. Would buy it again.
- When our kids have the house full of friends they always beg us to break out a can of bacon. They are jam packed with bacon and the kids dig right in and make no mess from cooking
You will not be disappointed.
- How can they stuff so much absolutely delishious bacon in one can?! I ordered a case! Yep, It's that good!
- Best bacon ever! My two fussy eaters love all the annex meats you carry. And that's a miracle!
This is Real
- This morning we had BLT's and used the Yoder's Bacon. Awesome, We couldn't believe how good this is. We are always looking for food for our storage and Camping, This is a product that will be added to both. We alway buy one of a product and try it first to see if we like it, We LOVE the Yoders Bacon, and this site has the Best Price of all the sites we've found
- Very good bacon
- Better than I ever thought it would be, use it for BLTs and camping and keep a can and opener in back pack for emergency's
- Both my wife and I found this canned bacon to be Excellent! It was easy to prepare and we got 3 meals out of one can. It was a little bit thin, but extremely Tasty Yum Yum Jim & Jan Green
- Just opened a can to test with my boy. They loved it and were shocked at how good it was and impressed by the packaging. Will be placing another case order.
the very best
- we ordered a can o add to our emergency supplies and of course had to try it. My wife and I were delighted by the flavor and quality. Am ordering more today!
- excellent bacon, keep in my camp - you have to have this.
- we like all of the meat but especially the bacon wish i could say i keep it for survival supplies but i can\'t cause the kids grown kids eat it too fast i think i am out now but two weeks till social security checks and yes the kids do give me money <br>
- This is excellent bacon. A wonderful supplement and comfort food for hard times. Lots of bacon per can. When you average price per slice, Yoders\' is only about 5 cents higher than regular bacon but add in the convenience of already canned and there\'s no comparison. Highly recommend!
- It\'s very good stuff, but with 50 or more slices per can, you need to have enough people available to eat that much in a timely fashion, or you can save some of it after its been opened in the fridge. It is quite greasy, and the bacon is wrapped in paper, so you do need to have paper towels on hand to clean up with.
- Bacon is sliced very thin but tastes like very good bacon. certainly worth having plenty on hand
- Wow. The bacon smells and tastes fantastic. Will be a definite morale-booster if/when SHTF. I may have to buy a whole case, it\'s that good! 5 stars all the way.
- i like bacon