Canned Hamburger is PERFECT for your Food Storage Plan, Family Preparedness and Emergency Readiness. Made by Yoders in Ohio, an Amish family tradition for more than 40 years, this product will protect your family and yourself in times of uncertainty. The taste tells the difference.
note: Does NOT contain a BPA lining
This Canned Meat is non-perishable, requires no refrigeration and is ideal for camping, travel, and long-term food storage. This product may be stored for 10 years or more in airtight sealed cans.
Produced exclusively from US farm raised, USDA inspected choice cuts of meat and commercially canned in the United States under the strictest quality standards for optimal taste, quality and safety.
- 28oz. cans (1LB. 12 oz.)
- Fully Cooked - Low fat content
- 10+ Year non-refrigerated shelf life
- 100% US Raised and US Canned!
Refrigerate after opening
U.S. inspected and passed by Department of Agriculture
NOTE: Minor denting that will not affect shelf life may occur with some cans during transit no matter how well we pack them. Please let us know if any of your canned foods have dents that will affect the shelf life and you won’t be refrigerating soon as we may need to make a UPS claim.
How do they can fresh meat?
In the canning process, raw meat is placed in cans, the cans are sealed, and the product is cooked in it's natural juices. Yoders canned meats have become popular because of their convenience, low fat content, and non-refrigerated shelf-life.
Supplier's Note On Shelf Life
Canned long shelf life food has a shelf life of at least two years from the date of processing. Canned food retains its safety and nutritional value well beyond two years, but it may have some variation in quality, such as a change of color and texture. Canning is a high-heat process that renders the food commercially sterile making it the perfect survival food. Food safety is not an issue in products kept on the shelf or in the pantry for long periods of time. In fact, canned long shelf life food has an almost indefinite shelf life at moderate temperatures (75 F and below). Canned food as old as 100 years has been found in sunken ships and it is still microbiologically safe! We don't recommend keeping canned survival food for 100 years, but if the can is intact, not dented or bulging, it is edible and perfect for your survival food storage pantry.
Yoders is a family business which has spanned 4 generations and with over 100 years of history.
Canned food labels have tendency to peel off over time, especially if they are kept for years in your basement. In order to prevent this, put a coat of shellac over the label as soon as you get them. This way, you will always know what's in the can years later.
There is no expiration date on any of the Yoder’s cans because we go through the expense of doing an accelerated shelf life study on all of the products we develop. If you can prove that the shelf life is equal or great to 5 years, the USDA and FDA doesn’t require a “Best By” or “Expiration” date.
However, they do require a date of manufacture be on the can. In the case of all the Yoder’s Products we stamp the date on the bottom of the can in a Julian format. You will notice that there are two lines of numbers and letters on the bottom lid – the first one is the date. The letter you usually see is the line it was produced on, and the next 4 digits is the date. Of the 4 numbers, the first one represents the year and the next 3 numbers are the day of the year (out of 365 days).
For example, if you see something like B8336, B would be the production line the rice was assembled on (more for our tracking purposes as required by the USDA), 8 would be for 2008 and 336 would be for the 336th day of the year – or translated using the below “Day of the Year” calendar
Recently Lisa made some very tasty food with our canned meats and canned broths and brought it in for all of us to share. Please see below a couple great recipes that had us all asking for seconds. Maybe it’s too much (or maybe not), but I would even add our canned bacon to both recipes too.
JHL Supply / CampingSurvival.com
2 Boxes Fav. Stuffing
1 can Yoders Chicken Chunks
1 can Yoders Turkey Chunks
1 can Yoders Pork Chunks
Keystone Chicken Broth ( App. Amount for both boxes)
Bring Keystone Broth and app. amount of butter to a boil. Add stuffing and all meats. Mix together. Let sit for 5 minutes.
This was awesome!
1 Can Yoders Chicken Chunks
Mayo or Miracle Whip
Mix all together, makes a really good sandwich! Serve with Chips and Deviled Eggs!
Great Add On Idea - A G.I P-38 Can Opener
The G.I P-38 Can Opener became popular with the troops during World War II and are still popular today. People love keeping them handy in their homes, backpacks, or keychains because they make such small, handy survival tools.
Measuring at a mere 1.5" long, dimensions: 1.5" x 5/8" (inches) with a tip which extends .5", these can openers are a great deal at a small price. You may want to even consider stocking up and taping one to each of your emergency canned food items you have in storage. This way, no matter what you'll always have means to open those emergency cans!
Click here to take a look and stock up on some yourself!
- Product Videos
- Shipping Restrictions
- This item can not be shipped to Mexico
Customer Reviews — 5item(s)
Yoders Canned Hamburger - 28 oz Can
- Eating what you store is a rule of thumb around these parts. When a canned meat product is opened, heated and tasted, we find that Yoders is the BEST canned meats on the market. Try all of their meats and you will not be disappointed. Safe for many years in storage at the recommended temperature. The only thing between you and eating Yoders is a can opener.
- I ordered a case recently for long term storage and soon after my order arrived I was curious as to the flavor, texture and quality of the meat so I opened a can to make taco meat with. I took a bite right out of the can and it was pleasant and not too salty. After warming, stiring and adding my favorite seasonings, I was very pleased with my taco meat. The family enjoyed and no complaints from my wife or son. A quality product!
- We opened and cooked five cans of ground beef, three brands. Yoder was not as mushy as the others and tasted better.
- Yodder claims that they have increased prices because of the beef market price increase due to the drought, but actually a drought or other similar problem will decrease beef prices because of so many beef producers selling off their stock on account of high feed prices, thus we flood the market with cheap beef and most is sent to the slaughter house
Canned Meats - Yoder
- Like anyone we know, getting grossed out by what you eat can make a lasting impression. We at first were skeptical about canned ground beef especially since we\'d be eating it at a time of crisis. That said we tried a variety of the Yoder canned meat and bacon as well sorry we just don\'t do hot dogs. We prepared some beef chili using the canned hamburger and low and behold is turned out much better than it would have if we were to use the ground beef from the local world renowned grocer we frequent. It did not "bite back" because there is no connective tissue "Pink Slime" like that used by the USDA for screwell lunches. So feel free to check out a can then a case of this. Store at under 65 degrees F and you are AOK for many years. Chicken/Turkey and Beef Chunks equally good. Bacon- well it is already cooked and wrapped - unreal. Go!