Mealspec™ is now Endexo™
MRE (Meals Ready to Eat) Heaters and Flameless Meal Heaters (also referred to as FRH, FRH Heaters, Flameless Ration Heaters) are not all made the same. Traditional MRE Heaters only reach a factual 145° Fahrenheit temperature on average after several minutes, not their claimed 180° Fahrenheit.
Endexo manufacturers a state of the art meal heater, that reaches 220° Fahrenheit in 12 SECONDS! These flameless meal heaters run for 12 minutes and boils water! Try that with ANY other MRE Heater on the market. Can your MRE Heater hard boil an egg or cook fish fillets? These can.
Endexo MRE Heaters are military grade and exceed the performance of any other meal heater you can buy.
A standard mre heater is about 5 1/2" wide x 14 1/2" Tall. These mealspec ration heaters are 7-1/2" wide x 16 1/2 Tall. That is a full 2 inches of extra space in both directions. This enables you to place glass or other heat resistant containers in the bag for heating!
Activation Time: 12 Seconds
Total Run Time: 12 Minutes
Peak Temperature: 220 Degrees
Average Temperature: 180 Degrees
Activator Amount: 5 Ounces Water
Boils Water: Yes In 12 Seconds
Click Here for an in depth review by GunsAmerica.com.
- Product Videos
Customer Reviews — 5item(s)
I DID USE THE SOUP IN THE CAN TRICK, AN IT WORKS
- I DO A LOT ATV AN HUNTING AN LIVE OFF THOSE MEALS, THE HEATERS ARE NOT RELIABLE UNTIL I SAW THE ENDEXO, THEY ARE THE BEST THINGS I HAVE EVER USED AN WILL NOT USE ANYTHING ELSE, PLUS I CAN FIT EASY 3 MEALS AN IN 15 MIN I HAVE TO LET IT COOL BECAUSE ITS TO HOT TO EAT.
- I just wanted to tell you how pleased I am with the results I got from this Flameless Ration Heater (FRH)! I saw the Mealspec edition reviewed on YouTube and was intrigued. So, I finally got around to ordering some with the intention of experimenting with heating up Mountain House freeze dried meals in them. I got my order of 12 FRH's today and took a Mountain House Pro-Pak meal and one standard bottle of water and was able to reconstitute the meal, activate the heater AND have a swig of water left using just ONE 16.9 oz bottle of water! This is a great bug out option or hiking option for heating those kinds of meals. The Pro-Pak meal fit perfectly into the Endexo FRH. This is great for when open flame is not a good idea, such in a situation where there maybe possible gas leaks.
I am considering making a YouTube video on this product. But if I did, I'd want other ideas to show what people can do and cook with these heaters. Again, great product and I highly recommend it!
The Absolute BEST!
- Not only is this heater perfect for MRE-type meals, it heats water perfectly for preparing freeze-dried meals as well. You can now be inside an airport and cook a meal. These heaters pass TSA rules. Who needs a fire (except for romance!). I put a 24oz stainless water bottle inside the bag, filled with just tap water. I waited 20 minutes, and BAM! too hot to hold the bottle. Perfect for any hot meal or drink!
- I got my first batch of these after seeing videos of them. I was never happy with the standard issue heaters. These delivered the goods as advertised. Even after 30 minutes the heater is still too hot to touch. These could possibly heat-up more than one meal. Keeping these in my BOB gives me added relief knowing I can heat a meal and have it stay warm longer than relying on heaters that are always "iffy".
I will buy these again & again.
- I used the "other" bags for eight years in military training and deployments. Those bags didn\'t always function 100%. I was skeptical of MEALSPEC until I was backpacking with some friends. WE all used MEALSPEC\'s flameless heater and it performed better than any other bag I used before. The heating element is activated by adding any type of water, NOT requiring salt water like other brands, allowing me to use the resources around me while camping off the grid. I was sold on the activation and the level of heat it releases. I will continue using MEALSPEC for my future travels because I can rely on it to heat my meals every time! Reasons for five stars: 1. Activates quickly and bags are brand new 2. Creates very hot heat heating all beverages and foods to appropriate levels 3. Light Weight and easy to store 4. Uses any type of water to activate 5. Tall bag allows me to make large bottle of hot water for coffee and hygiene!<br>Thank you Camping Survival for providing these!