MRE (Meals Ready-to-Eat)
(Don't be tricked by the competitors!)
The US military's food scientists came up with this great little high tech food kit, using the best of several new food preservation technologies, and named the kits "Meals Ready to Eat," because of their pre-cooked condition and their easy-open packaging. "Meals Ready to Eat" soon became simply MRE.
Over the past 20 years, our soldiers have come to depend on the Military MRE Full Meal Kits (made up of pouches) for most of their operations. Hundreds of millions of MRE Full Meals have been produced and eaten. Meals Ready to Eat have gone to Grenada, to the war on drugs, to fight forest fires in Alaska and bring relief after hurricanes. They fed Desert Shield and Desert Storm and they've just done the job again in Afghanistan.
- Shelf life is 5-10 years
- NOT FREEZE DRIED! Moisture, gravy and sauces are retained in their natural form.
- MRE are ready to eat right from the pouch at room temperature.
- Can be heated in 5 minutes with boiling water or with our heater pouches.
- Can be eaten cold, right out of the pouch, in emergencies (as they are pre-cooked)
- Specially developed for maximum nutrition (an average of 55% meat compared with 35% normally).
- We sell these MRE pouches in full meals or as individual pouches. You make the choice!
These are one of the best items to have for emergency preparedness and survival. What could be better than to have emergency food that can sit in your closet for 10 years and still be edible? If you keep your MRE in a dry, cool, constant temperature such as a closet or a dry basement, up off the ground the government says they can last for 10 years or more. If you keep the MRE in your car, camper or attic it will reduce the shelf life, but they can still last for many years even in those conditions.
It is very important that you stock your home with emergency food that is similar to what your family eats every day. With the delicious, wide variety of MRE pouches and kits, there's a meal ready to eat to make everyone happy! They are a critical supplement to your emergency survival plans.